FJR stablemate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSrider

Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting a dual purpose bike as a stablemate for the FJR for some time now. I am going to look at an 08 KLR650 tomorrow evening and am pretty sure it will be coming home with me. It has a list of accessories/add-on's almost as long as my arm.

Pic's to follow :D

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the trouble with KLRs: infinite farkles. It's been around for so long and there are so many ways to customize it, it's hard to stop. (The list of accessories it doesn't have that you'll want is much longer than your arm.) Fun bike, though. Have fun.

The two girls seem to be getting along quite well :yahoo: I'm not sure what it is with my FJR but the KLR with a set of worn out knobbies handles the curves better than the FJR with new PRII's :shok:

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

With narrow(er) tires and short (er) wheelbase it means that you will need to lean the bike less for a given corner & speed. But you will not have the stability at 150 mph (yeah, right) with that setup. ;)

Nice looking pair of steeds

Don't get me wrong, the FJR will be in the stable for a long time yet. I am just having a blast riding this new set of wheels.

For most of the errand running and around town stuff, I'll grab the KLR. For my daily couple of hours commuting, it's FJR all the way. But now that my son has the WeeStrom, the KLR is for sale. Anybody near Maryland who is interested, drop me a pm.

BTW, if you're not running dirt more challenging than gravel roads and occasional dirt trails, the Kenda 761 is hard to beat for the price.

Congrats on the KLR purchase - the Fun Factor is worth every buck it costs! I've got an '05 and love that it can take me places the FJR can't go. Here in Alberta, province of no sales tax and cheap vehicle insurance, I pay $125 yr. :)

Enjoy!

Kasey

Add another to that club, '05 FJR and '02 KLR. I put a DRZ front end on my KLR. It's a completely different bike!

Rick

Had a KLR but sold it to help my daughter in school ( mistake). Sold it to MM2 and he went and hurt himself with it. Wish it was back in my garage instead of his :angry2: