FJRForum Official 2015 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup...There's even one weirdo that rides one of those three wheeled Spyder abominations.
AJ, don't make me come over there...
flirt.gif
Can you two continue this at the next SWFOG? & Can I watch?and AJ, has DaJuice shared his prize photo? (IBR related)
Nah... I don't want to embarrass AJ in front of all of his friends.
biggrin.png

Waiting to see said prized pic... The mind reels.
wink.png
You ain't the only one Tyler waiting to see this pic.

COUGH IT UP DaJuice!!

Yup...There's even one weirdo that rides one of those three wheeled Spyder abominations.
AJ, don't make me come over there...
flirt.gif
Can you two continue this at the next SWFOG? & Can I watch?and AJ, has DaJuice shared his prize photo? (IBR related)
Nah... I don't want to embarrass AJ in front of all of his friends.
biggrin.png

Waiting to see said prized pic... The mind reels.
wink.png
You ain't the only one Tyler waiting to see this pic.

COUGH IT UP DaJuice!!
Oh this is not your public type photo… Picture a garage, 3 FJR riders, 3 FJRs, many tires, Police car, an arrest, handcuffs… I need to stop…

Well, I have some bad news. The pic DaJuice had was not nearly as good as we thought. Remember, he took it quick. Didn't do the picture takee and justice.

So let's picture this: Three guys, three FJRs, a bunch of tools and tires, and over walks my new neighbor wearing a black tank top and a pair of yoga pants. She has a nice set of aftermarket accessories. First time I had ever seen her up-close in the daylight.

DaJuice was in the middle of a tire change and nearly passed out. Tony stopped what he was doing and just about dropped his wrench. I was dumbfounded. If Stanley had been here, he would have had a class 5 heart attack. WTF?? Seriously! I haven't seen her since. Honestly, I think she saw all the men in my garage and was trolling.

I'm just glad I had witnesses to what I saw!

Well, I have some bad news. The pic DaJuice had was not nearly as good as we thought. Remember, he took it quick. Didn't do the picture takee and justice.
So let's picture this: Three guys, three FJRs, a bunch of tools and tires, and over walks my new neighbor wearing a black tank top and a pair of yoga pants. She has a nice set of aftermarket accessories. First time I had ever seen her up-close in the daylight.

DaJuice was in the middle of a tire change and nearly passed out. Tony stopped what he was doing and just about dropped his wrench. I was dumbfounded. If Stanley had been here, he would have had a class 5 heart attack. WTF?? Seriously! I haven't seen her since. Honestly, I think she saw all the men in my garage and was trolling.

I'm just glad I had witnesses to what I saw!
And those yoga pants were doing a special kind of stretching exercise to be sure - or so I was told… I am married, so those things go unnoticed.
no.gif

and all of this was a prelude to an IBR start. Distractions… distractions
rolleyes.gif
… Now what the heck did I do with that rally book?

Last edited by a moderator:
<shaking head in dismay> The guy can finish 3rd in the IBR, but he can't focus a camera.
grin.gif

Ya know Zilla, I could have changed my oil at your place shirtless. That right there is sure fire chick bait. IMdileriousHO

Back on topic....what a great rally.

<shaking head in dismay> The guy can finish 3rd in the IBR, but he can't focus a camera.
grin.gif
I apparently need a rally flag to take a good picture.

And they probably all looked like this...
lol.gif
Pretty much!

The whole point of taking said photo was to post it here and make everyone jealous of AJs new neighbor so it sucks that it didn't turn out... it was all set up beautifully, AJ's wife was distracting her in the driveway and AJ was balancing Tony's tire. Plan was to take a photo of him balancing the tire with them in the background. Of course as soon as I'm ready, AJ is done and pulls the tire off the stand so my plan falls apart but I go for the photo anyway. I didn't realize my camera sound was on and it makes a deafening CLICK as I take the photo. AJ looks up and says, "What the H are you taking a picture of??" I reply, "You balancing Tony's Tire!" Of course I wanted to say, "What the Bleep do you think I'm taking a picture of?!?!"

It took me 5 hours to change a tire and oil... way too many distractions at AJs place!

Sorry, but I don't think that bike is ever sitting. If it is ever motionless, it is because it is on a Launchpad waiting to take off.

Did all the FJR riders, in this years IBR use a Russell seat?

Just wondered if a Laam seat might have used by anyone.

His seats seem to be gaining a following.

TIA

Baggerbreeze

Not sure but wasn't that 79 year old Al Holtsberry on his 2014... ?
Yep, Al road 8,223 miles on a stock FJR seat! He is tougher than me! I don't remember seeing any aftermarkets other than a Russell but we were busy trying to find an FJR with a motorcycle tire on the back.

Photo of Al and his bike by Tobie Stevens.

untitled-8-L.jpg

I used Michelin Pilot Road 4 for the IBR, my route was 9000 miles.

Bobby J's Yamaha kept a spare set of tires for me during the event, and I had them change the tires and fluids before I rode home to Syracuse, NY.

I probably could have gone home on the rally tires, they looked like they could have made another 2000 miles, but I'd already bought the tires.....

I don't remember seeing any aftermarkets other than a Russell but we were busy trying to find an FJR with a motorcycle tire on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.