FJRForum Official 2015 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw on the national news "Cookeville, TN" is underwater, cars flooded in a car park. About a mile north of I-40. Hope it drains away in the next couple of days

Somebody asked about the first leg standing for the FJR's. This may be doubled up in one of the other tools posted, but I hadn't seen it yet. Here they are:

2 Joshua Mountain

3 Erik Lipps

5 Eric Bray

10 Brant Moteelall

12 Jeremy Loveall

13 Perry Karsten

21 Eric Edelman

30 Chris McGaffin

32 Anthony Osborne

35 Gregg Lenentine

41 Joe Green

45 Phillip O'Connor

53 Kit Chunhawong

82 David Walls

EDITED July 4 (bold italics):

Thanks, Goodman4 ... and in case you want the full roster details, here are the FJR riders and our Super Tenere cousins, sorted by last name.

First Last year make model age IBR veteran?

Eric Bray 2007 Yamaha FJR 1300 43 Y

Kit Chunhawong 2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 54 N

Tonie Cowan 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere 40 Y

Brian Dent 2014 Yamaha Super Tenere 48 N

Eric Edelman 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300 44 N

Joe Green 2008 Yamaha FJR 1300 60 N

Perry Karsten 2007 Yamaha FJR 1300 49 Y

Gregg Lenentine 2010 Yamaha FJR 1300 55 Y

Erik Lipps 2012 Yamaha FJR 1300 34 N

Jeremy Loveall 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300 38 Y

Chris McGaffin 2003 Yamaha FJR 1300 45 N

Brant Moteelall 2008 Yamaha FJR 1300 35 Y

Josh Mountain 2006 Yamaha FJR 1300 42 Y

Phillip O'Conner 2008 Yamaha FJR 1300 51 N

Anthony Osborne 2005 Yamaha FJR 1300 53 N

David Walls 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300 52 N

Alan Hatcher 2005 Twigg's FJR 1300 55 Y

Al Holtsberry 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300 79 Y

Interesting to note that 8 NINE of the FJRs are over 5 years old. Just so y'all know, several of these folks were participants in the 2015 Big Money Rally. A few BMW riders, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the picture on the previous page, shouldn't Al Holtsberry be on that FJR list? Believe he is #74 in the first leg standings.

In case any of you are wondering what all the bonus locations look like plotted on map at once . . .

My nerd side came out with the release of the bonus locations. I copied the text out of the file, then wrote a little program to parse out the codes and latitude/longitude from each entry. Then I pulled that data into my TSP in Google Maps program, to display all the locations on the map.

Here is what it looks like, with all the locations in the lower 48 shown. (click on the image for the full-size version if you want it bigger)

Hi,

I understand that for IBR2015, riders received list with all the location in electronic format before the ride, and later on, after the official meeting they received printed version of Bonus Book and printed list of locations with assigned points for Leg1.

Do you know if Bonus Book and list of points for Leg1 (or Leg2) were also given in electronic version or they had only paper version, so anyone had to process that list manually?

You can add an FJR to that roster above :)

Allen Hatcher had a final drive failure close to Elk City, Oklahoma, and about 200 miles from my home.

It seems I was closest. I had to burn a little "husband credit" with the wife, to get her to follow me in the van, but we got the bike to Allen in about four hours. It was complicated by the fact that the bike has just finished an 8500 mile run and needed an oil change before I could leave.

So, a BMW out and an FJR in ... Let's hope he gets a good finish ... poor guy was so grateful I felt for him.

Big thanks to Twigg for lending Allen a bike! The bike Allen was riding just suffered a forest rat encounter on Memorial day weekend during the Mason Dixon 20-20 rally. He had concerns about getting repairs made in time for the IBR.

Now his BMW K1200lt goes out over the July 4th holiday. Perhaps those pesky Germans are still trying to get back at us Americans?

PlaynGuitar posted: Based on the picture on the previous page, shouldn't Al Holtsberry be on that FJR list? Believe he is #74 in the first leg standings.
I agree; the photo sure looks like a 2014 FJR to me. However, this is what is contained in Mr. Cimino's Day -1 report: Al Holtsberry 2008 BMW R1200GS 79 Y

My hat's off to him; I hope I can ride around the block at age 79.

You can add an FJR to that roster above
smile.png

Allen Hatcher had a final drive failure close to Elk City, Oklahoma, and about 200 miles from my home.

It seems I was closest. I had to burn a little "husband credit" with the wife, to get her to follow me in the van, but we got the bike to Allen in about four hours. It was complicated by the fact that the bike has just finished an 8500 mile run and needed an oil change before I could leave.

So, a BMW out and an FJR in ... Let's hope he gets a good finish ... poor guy was so grateful I felt for him.
Twigg,

Sorry I don't believe the coffee has made it to my Brain. You rode your 05FJR (that just carried you through IBA 48-10 ride) to meet Mr Hatcher with the wife following.....and Mr Hatcher is now riding your 05? You, MY friend are ABOVE and BEYOND!!! Kudos to you!!

smile.png

Twigg,

Sorry I don't believe the coffee has made it to my Brain. You rode your 05FJR (that just carried you through IBA 48-10 ride) to meet Mr Hatcher with the wife following.....and Mr Hatcher is now riding your 05? You, MY friend are ABOVE and BEYOND!!! Kudos to you!!
Yeah ... It's my Birthday too :D

Seriously though (although it actually is my birthday), it's just what we do at times like this. Jodie sits at home watching my Spot hoping someone would do that for me if needed ...

Note: Post #802 edited to reflect update on Al Holtsberry, and Twigg's incredible gesture of sportsmanship. Incredible.

smile.png

Twigg,

Yeah ... It's my Birthday too
biggrin.png

Seriously though (although it actually is my birthday), it's just what we do at times like this. Jodie sits at home watching my Spot hoping someone would do that for me if needed ...
Happy Birthday on our nations birthday!

Just curious....?????

Are you taking/have took his bike to the shop too?

Happy Birthday on our nations birthday! Just curious....?????

Are you taking/have took his bike to the shop too?
I didn't see his bike. It was recovered from I40 and presumably taken to a bike dealership. I met Allen at the hotel he had made his way to.

Edit ... I was hoping he could use at least part of the layover as his official "Rest Stop", and not lose too much time from the schedule.

Unbelievable! What a community, and what marvelous motorcycles!!

Wishing all competitors a traffic-free holiday weekend.

Damn. Been on the thread 10 minutes and already out of LIKE opportunities. Admins: Add a couple to Twigg's total from me, please.

Twigg....much kudos to you.

A very generous act. May you be rewarded with such generosity should you ever need 'a helping hand'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts