FJRForum Official 2015 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the delay we see with the SPOT tracks, I'd say he'll make it.
Batteries are not charged when new. I'm hoping a jump is all he needed to get back to the barn..
Does Wallmart sell generators? Small Honda on the back seat with a battery charger?

Given the delay we see with the SPOT tracks, I'd say he'll make it.
Batteries are not charged when new. I'm hoping a jump is all he needed to get back to the barn..
Does Wallmart sell generators? Small Honda on the back seat with a battery charger?
pretty sure that would not be ok. Better , maybe he could swap bikes with a sympathetic soul in the WalMart parking lot?

106 just "transported" to Petroglyph NM. I believe the spotwalla delays are making this all the more exciting.

Looks like 2 Riders on the I25 approach are stopping at PECO

punk.gif

The rider, just inside of Tucumcari, must be under an extreme adrenalin rush right now. He'll be close to the DNF finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
A question about penalty points:

They are 1% per minute late. Is that for this leg only? Or the whole enchilada?

The guy out east with electrical issues - about half an hour ago Lisa asked all the spectators who had ridden in if someone would ride out to meet him and give him their bike to finish if his died. A guy immediately volunteered and is on the way.

Oops double post.

A woman just rolled in a few minutes before the finish. As she was walking in she was joking about making it in on time and bagging 2 parks this morning.

5 bikes rolled within 5 minutes of the finish. One of them is an ST. The rider said his fuel pump was failing. He just came back out from the check-in and his bike would not start.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy out east with electrical issues - about half an hour ago Lisa asked all the spectators who had ridden in if someone would ride out to meet him and give him their bike to finish if his died. A guy immediately volunteered and is on the way.
This just brought tears to my eyes....what an outstanding group!

+1 ^^^

IBA is an amazing community!

Will the rider at Tecolote take 3 or stay on the interstate? Damn, 2 of them are cutting it extremely close! Should be a helluva finish for them both!

A question about penalty points:They are 1% per minute late. Is that for this leg only? Or the whole enchilada?
Every checkpoint has a two hour penalty window. I presume the penalty is 1% of points for that leg only. As for the finish, not sure if it's 1% for the final leg, or 1% for the entire rally. Would be consistent if it's 1% for just the final leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.