FJR's in the Green Mountains

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused. Is this ride on or off?

What are the dates in consideration now?

If I bring my own chips-n-salsa can I join?

I really liked the Green Mountain area and FJRed wants to join me for a solo rumble through Smuggler's Gap.

I'm confused. Is this ride on or off?What are the dates in consideration now?

If I bring my own chips-n-salsa can I join?

I really liked the Green Mountain area and FJRed wants to join me for a solo rumble through Smuggler's Gap.
That's Smuggler's Notch Jeff. You can come if you want but I'll need a two day head start just to keep up with you! Give me a couple of days to reread this post and see what I can come up with for dates. I'm at work now so time is limited! Is August or September better for most everyone?

Tom

I'm interested in this ride :)

Sometime in August is good for me. Late Aug. is slow at work.

How about Aug. 23-24 then FJRed can join.

A.C.

I am definitely, possibly , contingent ally, in...

But I must say I am most considerably confuscated.

I do not know when this here shin-dig is proposed for, or anything else for that matter.

Too Bad NiceRumble is out. He is a great ride leader.

Ah, screw it... I'm in...

I love Vermont roads.

"...in August or Sept."
CFR is 9/5

EOM is 9/19

Avoid those dates and I'll be golden.
OK....two dates come to mind for me. August 1 - 3 (Friday through Sunday) or August 23 - 24 so FJRed can go? How do those dates sound for everyone? Most any weekend is good for me. And White River Jct is a good start point and it's at the junction of I-89 and I-91. And I'll come up with a couple of good routes (or at least they'll be good in my mind).

Tom

That's Smuggler's Notch Jeff.
I can't get my mind around the whole gap, versus notch, versus pass thingy.

South of the Manson-Nixon line it's GAP.

North of the Manson-Nixon line but south of the Detroit DMZ it's NOTCH.

North of the Detroit DMZ it's PASS. Do I have it right???

:)

Close enough Jeff. If you've never been there it'll be a treat! The road winds amoung BOULDERS. If you don't believe me just ask SPORT.

Tom

...The road winds amoung BOULDERS. If you don't believe me just ask SPORT.
Tom
BTDT. Dodge 'ems, no room for error. Not a good place to have your helmet hanging over the white line!

_DSC0378sm.jpg

OK....two dates come to mind for me. August 1 - 3 (Friday through Sunday) or August 23 - 24 so FJRed can go? How do those dates sound for everyone? Most any weekend is good for me. And White River Jct is a good start point and it's at the junction of I-89 and I-91. And I'll come up with a couple of good routes (or at least they'll be good in my mind).
Tom
Sounds good so far, IMO. As long as it's not Aug 9th as that's a race weekend at NHMS.

Anyhow, I'm willing to meet up somewhere with the folks coming from south of the White River Junction if they'd like to take some backroads up to the meet spot.

I'm still In!

Did a solo trip through NH & VT last fall & loved it. My family is spread out all over New England. Pick a date & post it!

VH

Any time is good for me.

I'm coming from Great Sacandaga Lake to Lake George N.Y. area if anyone wants to ride along.

I'll probably be taking RT 4 thru V.T.

Art

Any date would work for me as well. As I mentioned I love the riding up there and would enjoy meeting other FJR people. Currently, I ride with Ducati and Bmw entusiasts. We could stay around Killington as a base?

Jeffrey

Status
Not open for further replies.