FODS 2015 comes to Southern West Virginia!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to see if there is anyway to make this trip work and still make it out to Spearfish but it does not look good.
I'm was in a similar predicament. FODS, Spearfish, Mad Bastard Scooter Rally or Horizons Unlimited meeting at Lake Couchaching (to promote AssistanceList).

Ya feck it. WV it is!

Planning a dirty ride to WV, looks like 5 long days following TransEasternTrail from the ADV forum.

This would be a day trip on the FJR

1185701_1423351431221546_1360274369_n.jpg

Tues May 19 8:00 PM is the cutoff for FODS t-shirt sale.

Deadline is to ensure that the T-shirts arrive in WV in time for the meet.

extrememarine with an assist from clocklaw has taken on the yeoman’s task of organizing a FODS T-shirt:

A downloadable order form in Word format can be accessed here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sht2rypufu92kza/FODS%202015%20Shirt%20Order%20Form.docx?dl=0

To purchase, please follow all directions on the form and e-mail to extrememarine as indicated.

T-shirts will be shipped to WV and arrive in time for the meet. If you wish to order a shirt but cannot attend, PM your shipping address to spklbuk and I will figure out a way to get it to you.

Many thanks to you extrememarine and clocklaw.

Yes there is a apt story behind the twist on the new FODS 2015 acronymn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spring riding season is cranking up here in the mid-Atlantic and hopefully thoughts are returning to FODS WV 2015. Thurs-Sun June 18-21 are the official dates though I’m sure some will choose to arrive earlier/depart later. Reservation information is located in
Post # 1: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/158279-fods-2015-comes-to-southern-west-virginia/

Hopefully all aspiring attendees are scheming and prepping. As June is just around the corner, it would be a great help towards finalize planning if I could get a projected head count.

So if you are in, please post up here and if possible include your projected arrival/departure.

Good things await in southern WV!

blrfjr
GS Dennis
slowride
extrememarine
el toro joe
bungie4
lee davis
Mr. Bill
Huron 52 and Mrs Huron
Dirt Dad
78YZ
spklbuk & spkldoe
Wild BillyFitz/Yamafitter
dsbiker (and maybe Mrs. dsbiker)

Fence Sitters:

Alan B
La Knee
violione
wpbfjr

So if you are in, please post up here and if possible include your projected arrival/departure.
Check into campground Thursday after 1300 hours check out Sunday before noon.

June WV tires to the left and September WV tires to the right:

11009956_1628593137364040_4524181807681156319_n.jpg

Ray & I will be discussing plans for the Spearfish Rally the following weekend so it depends on what comes of those discussions on whether I can make FODS. IF Ray can't make Spearfish I'm thinking of trailering both the WR450 and the FJR and do FODS and then load up the trailer and head to the Badlands for Spearfish. I won't have the time to go back home after FODS and then ride the FJR out to South Dakota.

Check into campground Thursday after 1300 hours check out Sunday before noon.

June WV tires to the left and September WV tires to the right:
Nothing like being prepared Bill!! I hope to help wear the shiny off those knobs. Safe journey sir.

Ray & I will be discussing plans for the Spearfish Rally the following weekend so it depends on what comes of those discussions on whether I can make FODS. IF Ray can't make Spearfish I'm thinking of trailering both the WR450 and the FJR and do FODS and then load up the trailer and head to the Badlands for Spearfish. I won't have the time to go back home after FODS and then ride the FJR out to South Dakota.
Load up Ray and bring him with you Billy. It is an all bike gathering. Hope ya'll head south. We will leave the porch light on!

Going to see if I can wreak the WR450 again. Booked in at the Lodge and bringing both the WR450 and the FJR in the trailer. Plan A is to ride FODS and then find a place up north to leave the truck, trailer and the WR450 and then ride out to Spearfish. Plan B is to trailer all the way out to Spearfish just like the pirates do for Sturgis.

Now if I can just remember where this piston wrist pin went in the motor........

image-L.jpg

-edit - Bondi Engines called and they have all the head work done and have assembled all the valves, springs and other bits. I have to install the new piston and barrel and do final assembly on the motor and install back into the frame. With a little quality time in the garage this weekend the WR450 should be running by late Sunday.

Oh hell yeah!!!

FODS has a new moniker this year (see below).

Don't forget to visit the other sandbox and order your t-shirt. Wayne has gone all out.

FODS-15logo_zpstwiujxnm.jpg