Four riders in NorCal on some of my favorite roads

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
I planned a 185 mile ride through some of the areas great twisties. It was short notice and RsvlFeej, Bluestreek and Weekend_Rider showed up at 7am for breakfast at Katrina's

DSC00228.jpg

Zac aka CISCO on the forum showed up to drink coffee with us before he went to open Roseville Yamaha

Patrick (RsvlFeej), Zac, Bob (Weekend Rider), and Steve (Bluestreek) from left to right.

DSC00230.jpg

We stopped on Mosquito Ridge Road and this was the last time I bothered with the camera

DSC00231.jpg

Steve takes in the view an notices the brown layer caused by the fire that is burning up North in California.

DSC00233.jpg

Reverse angle of the bikes. I just think FJRs look good

DSC00236.jpg

It was a real pleasure meeting Patrick and seeing Steve and Bob again. Zac is always a welcome friend. It was a good day, it started getting pretty warm and we were done with our ride by 2:30 ish.

RsvlFeej is very capable in the turns and I look forward to riding with him again. I know he's new to the group thing, but it can still be fun (especially when he's leading down Icehouse road). I was scraping pegs unless I leaned off the bike a tad. Sticking the elbow toward the ground was all it needed :)

I almost bailed on the ride. My ears were congested and the breakfast didn't sit well with me. We took a break before Wentworth Springs fun and I felt better after that. Sitting on the parked bike got be back in sorts.

We got a free lunch! We went to Georgetown for lunch and decided to try a new sandwich place. Well, it was pre-opening day and they fed us for our feedback. I could only eat half of my club because they put a full 1.5 pounds of ham and turkey on it...not sure how'll they'll make that profitable at $6 per sandwich (per their menu), but take advantage while you can. Good sandwich.

I'll let the others add their 2 cents.

Thanks all for coming, I had a really nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:
And to think I almost went to work on saturday insteasd of riding.

Thanks for putting this ride together O'vale and great riding with Patrick and Steve.

Most excellent roads for a good ride. Lunch at the new sandwhich shop was good. Could not beat the price. I think this is

the first time that I was paid to be a rider. Does this make all of us professional riders now, being paid with

lunch???? :yahoo:

The standard has been set, for our attendance on rides, free lunch. :yahoo:

always keep a :) on your ............ weekend rider

Thanks for putting this ride together O'vale and great riding with Patrick and Steve.
Most excellent roads for a good ride. Lunch at the new sandwhich shop was good.

always keep a :) on your ............ weekend rider

What weekend rider said - Thanks for setting this up O'Vale and nice to meet you - hope you're feeling up to par again. Good to see Bob, Steve, and Zac also. Couldn't beat the roads, company, and weather.

IIRC, the restaurant is called "Sisters" or similar and is on the main drag in Georgetown, about half a block off 193 on the north side, next to a full-on hippy store. I highly recommend the "Black Forest?" ham and pepper jack sandwich - YUM!

RsvlFeej

As it would turn out, I feel worse today than yesterday. I'm afraid I've come down with something. Oh well. Now I have to get healthy before next weekend!

It was a fun day, although for me it started a bit early. It was dark when I left the house and a bit cool. I thought about stopping to hook up my heated liner but I was running a few minutes late, so I just kept going. there was just enough heat coming off the bike to keep me warm.

It was good to see Andrew, Bob, Zac and to meet Patrick

The breakfast and ride were great. Most of the roads were new to me and I really enjoyed myself. And then to top it all off we get a free lunch. It just doesen't get any better. :rolleyes:

Thanks for putting this ride together Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a fun day, although for me it started a bit early. It was dark when I left the house and a bit cool. I thought about stopping to hook up my heated liner but I was running a few minutes late, so I just kept going. there was just enough heat coming off the bike to keep me warm.It was good to see Andrew, Bob, Zac and to meet PatrickThe breakfast and ride were great. Most of the roads were new to me and I really enjoyed myself. And then to top it all off we get a free lunch. It just doesen't get any better. :rolleyes: Thanks for putting this ride together AndrewIt was a fun day, although for me it started a bit early. It was dark when I left the house and a bit cool. I thought about stopping to hook up my heated liner but I was running a few minutes late, so I just kept going. there was just enough heat coming off the bike to keep me warm.It was good to see Andrew, Bob, Zac and to meet PatrickThe breakfast and ride were great. Most of the roads were new to me and I really enjoyed myself. And then to top it all off we get a free lunch. It just doesen't get any better. :rolleyes: Thanks for putting this ride together Andrew

You're welcome, next time I won't plan it so early. It was nice to beat the heat though!

Everytime I stumble back to this site, It makes me wish I had never wrecked. O'vale & I did this ride about a year or so ago, he wasn't scraping pegs on every curve, but it was a nice pace. I learned a lot riding that day, everything except don't pass cars that haven't waved you on...

BB III

Everytime I stumble back to this site, It makes me wish I had never wrecked. O'vale & I did this ride about a year or so ago, he wasn't scraping pegs on every curve, but it was a nice pace. I learned a lot riding that day, everything except don't pass cars that haven't waved you on...BB III
Gosh Bill, I thought you learned that lesson. I thought you learned that lesson real good with a hospital visit to make sure you remembered it! ;)

Hear about the Raven Black FJR for '08? Hmm?