• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Frankenbike for Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadioHowie

I Miss Beemerdons!
Reaction score
Been grounded after accident for 10 months now. Brain damage following headlong flight into a line of stopped cars. Damage on top of residual stroke damage makes it impossible for me to negotiate two wheels anymore, hence the insanely low-priced sale of my dear-to-me 04 FJR, also known as Frankenbike. The nickname comes from its 2009 resurrection by combining a 2004 with a 2003 drive train. Total mileage 103,000 miles. Needs new rear tire, new battery, windshield, clutch lever repair and some body work. I'll be glade to forward interest parties any photos of damage. Now for the best part....the price -- sacrifice (giveaway) for $1000. Just so there's no question about a typo, that's one thousand dollars! You have to arrange shipping/transportation, or come to my home in Central Florida, put a battery in it, fix the broken clutch mechanism and drive it home.

Seriously, $1000 and it's yours.

Email interested inquiries to showard-at-hallradio.net. This is my personal email, NOT my forum-connected email.

(note: substitute -at- with @)

Last edited by a moderator:
GLWS Howie.
good.gif
Thanks for the "best wishes" post, Rob. I hope the reduction to firesale pricing will get it out of my garage. It breaks my heart to see it sitting there, not getting used.

Just a note to add.....

I've still got the original 2004 motor/tranny combo sitting in the garage. Whoever buys the bike gets the motor, too.

The head needs replacing, but the bottom end and pistons, along with the transmission, are just fine. A great set of bonus parts.

Funny how brain damage works...I meant to include this info in my original post, but it slipped my mind.

Funny how that happens when you smack your head real hard.

LOL!!

Another sad sign that the forum here is going through some major changes, and not much for the better, sorry to say. Too many departures and STUFF going on. Hope you sell the bike and get it a cozy new home quick and end all the agony. And the best of luck in your recovery.

Another sad sign that the forum here is going through some major changes, and not much for the better, sorry to say. Too many departures and STUFF going on. Hope you sell the bike and get it a cozy new home quick and end all the agony. And the best of luck in your recovery.
SacMike....thanks for the good wishes...I honestly wish I could give some good news about how it's goin', but 10 months after "the incident", I can't honestly say I'm doing any better. Balance is still shot to hell...can't walk worth a shit, nothing tastes right, couldn't ride a motorcycle if my life depended on it. Life post traumatic head injury just sucks. Thank the Lord for understanding relatives,or I'd be SOL. Somebody's gonna get an outstanding buy on a classic FJR.

Dam it Howie,you've been a staple on this here forum for years.
I just hope and wish you a full recovery from your injuries, the bike isn't important at this point.
May god bless you. I've enjoyed your humorous posts over the years.

GLWS Howie!

Sending you good wishes and prayers for a full and speedy recovery from your injuries!

Hope you stick around and keep messing around on this forum. :)

Howie, give the recovery some time and keep working on what does work, staying as active as possible. It will improve.

My better half is going through similar struggles, it's been about 20 months since her incident and we are beginning to see a bunch of improvements as her brain and body continue to mend itself. Needless to say there are/have been the ups and downs, but with every improvement it makes it that much easier to keep pushing.

Good luck with you continued recovery and check in once in a while to say HI.

Good luck with the sale, bud.

I hope your recovery gets rolling along for ya.

This place just ain't the same without ya.

Damn, Howie! I was really hoping it wouldn't come to you parting with your Feejer, but GLWTS. I hope you don't give up and do hang around here so we can continue to benefit from your warped sense of humor. As a similarly aged Gen.1 codger (1952) who joined this forum only a day earlier than you, I always have read and gotten a kick out of your posts. The only constant is change, and everything in this life is temporary. Very best to you, even if it means the time has come to say adios to your FJR.

Hard to beat a 2004 with ABS and 3/4 of an extra motor for $1K, and for those who don't recall from RH's May thread, here's the relevant post-getoff bike info:

The bike is in great shape...the only thing screwed up in the accident is a busted windshield, a missing left-side rearview mirror and a busted clutch lever. I guess I must have smacked something hard on the left side to take out the windshield, rearview and clutch assembly. Prolly gonna be 6 to 8 months minimum before I can drive anyway, so what the hell, right? 104 thousand miles and ready to go another 100 thousand for the right person. $3500 is what can buy someone the finest motorcycle on God's Green Earth.

Damn, Howie! I was really hoping it wouldn't come to you parting with your Feejer, but GLWTS. I hope you don't give up and do hang around here so we can continue to benefit from your warped sense of humor. As a similarly aged Gen.1 codger (1952) who joined this forum only a day earlier than you, I always have read and gotten a kick out of your posts. The only constant is change, and everything in this life is temporary. Very best to you, even if it means the time has come to say adios to your FJR.

Hard to beat a 2004 with ABS and 3/4 of an extra motor for $1K, and for those who don't recall from RH's May thread, here's the relevant post-getoff bike info:

The bike is in great shape...the only thing screwed up in the accident is a busted windshield, a missing left-side rearview mirror and a busted clutch lever. I guess I must have smacked something hard on the left side to take out the windshield, rearview and clutch assembly. Prolly gonna be 6 to 8 months minimum before I can drive anyway, so what the hell, right? 104 thousand miles and ready to go another 100 thousand for the right person. $3500 is what can buy someone the finest motorcycle on God's Green Earth.
Well, to be honest, the ABS is MIA...and has been or 3 years or so. Hopefully, the FJR is sold...forumite blassoff has been emailing me about a potential sale.

That'll sell no problem .... best of luck on a steady TBI recovery. This month is a year since one of my best friend's went down, without a helmet. He hasn't spoken yet and is bed ridden, completely dependent. Has three kids under age of 7. Not sure if he'll get significantly better or not as more years go by, no body knows anything about TBI recovery except it is slow.

SacMike....thanks for the good wishes...I honestly wish I could give some good news about how it's goin', but 10 months after "the incident", I can't honestly say I'm doing any better. Balance is still shot to hell...can't walk worth a shit, nothing tastes right, couldn't ride a motorcycle if my life depended on it. Life post traumatic head injury just sucks. Thank the Lord for understanding relatives,or I'd be SOL. Somebody's gonna get an outstanding buy on a classic FJR.
Breaks my heart that it's impacted you to your core like this. Thankfully you're still around to give family and friends a hard time. Hope that you do see improvements.

Wishing you the best Howie.

Bikes are just that... interesting hardware that occupy our spare time, can cause some emotional feelings - which is quite illogical on face value, until you add the human relations it attracts. The more important issue is your continual health and well being.

Hang in there, and don't be a stranger around here.

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

Latest posts