• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Garauld Accessory Catalog Showcase

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Shawn - no. I am really only making HW peg kits due to my retirement. I sell mounts for attaching them to crash bars also. Send me a PM or email to gtworksllc@gmail dot com.

At this point, I am only offering highway peg kits unless my 401k fund tanks.
If memory serves, your Stiffy Kit was developed for the purpose of reinforcing the rear frame member of the FJR in order to prevent the frame cracks occurring when carrying a bit too much weight hanging out on the tail end. I have one installed on my 2016 ES for that reason. I recently mentioned your kit to someone in a forum on Facebook and he pointed out that I was wrong about their purpose. Understanding that they are no longer available (unless the 401k tanks) what say you? Wasn't that the purpose of the Stiffy Kit?

Hi.
If memory serves, your Stiffy Kit was developed for the purpose of reinforcing the rear frame member of the FJR in order to prevent the frame cracks occurring when carrying a bit too much weight hanging out on the tail end.
The original intent was to reinforce and stiffen the the aluminum subframe back there to reduce movement (bouncing) that could contribute to a fatigue failure of the cast aluminum subframe. A second benefit would be to contain the disconnected parts were a failure occur. What did the Facebook dude think it's purpose was? FWIW, Murph at Murphskits.com has expressed interest in making these. I will provide the drawings free to anyone with the tools and skills to make their own - just send me a PM with your email.

Hi.

The original intent was to reinforce and stiffen the the aluminum subframe back there to reduce movement (bouncing) that could contribute to a fatigue failure of the cast aluminum subframe. A second benefit would be to contain the disconnected parts were a failure occur. What did the Facebook dude think it's purpose was? FWIW, Murph at Murphskits.com has expressed interest in making these. I will provide the drawings free to anyone with the tools and skills to make their own - just send me a PM with your email.
Joel Espinoza (Top Contributor) says: The stiffy kit is no longer made, and even when it was didnt prevent subframe damage.