Garauld's luggage rack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliick2

Reaction score
Friends,I just wanted to share with you all the experience I had with this great vendor. Alot of you are familiar with his luggage racks & other accessories &

the beautiful workmanship that he provides,that is so lacking in the industries. I first contacted Gary to see if he would be interested/able in making a couple

of modifications to the rack that I had purchased from him a year or so ago. He wrote back saying "No Problem" just send me a drawing of what you would

like done. He gave me an estimate of what it might be & said that it could be a little different once he got the drawing & figured out how much work it would be. The reason that I wanted Gary to do it was I was so happy with the original product & that he would be familiar with the racks material & how to best deal

with the changes. I just got the rack back Tuesday & as before the welds are beautiful & it was done exactly to my spec's. It had been welded & re-powder

coated to look like brand new. I don't want to mention how much it cost(because yours will be different) but I will tell you that you will NOT find a better deal

anywhere ! Hats of to Gary ! Sliick2 :yahoo:

Here's a photo I took of it before I shipped it off. An interesting mod don't you think?

P1000466.jpg

Here's a photo I took of it before I shipped it off. An interesting mod don't you think?
P1000466.jpg
Thanks Gary ! Again ! I was too excited & busy putting it on ! And I am also picture challanged.Working on that. I'm glad you took a picture. Sliick2 :clapping:

Greetings!

I really want one of these racks!

anyone know of a weblink or resource?

I've PM'd Garauld, but maybe there's a better way??

Greetings!

I really want one of these racks!

anyone know of a weblink or resource?

I've PM'd Garauld, but maybe there's a better way??
I know it's five months since the last post (Aug2011), but did you get a reply from Garauld? Is he still making tail racks? If so, can you suggest the best way to contact him? Thank you!

Suar

Just got a stiffy kit, highway pegs, and luggage rack built around a givi mount - with a backrest. All of these look to be absolutely top notch. Gary was also great to work with. There were vendor delays getting the givi mount but he did a great job communicating and helped me to get a mount off of the forum to speed things along. Highly recommended!