Garmin 2720 headphones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kxb44

Reaction score
What headphones/earpice do you use with your Garmin 2720 on the bike? Are there any headphones out there that come with a 2.5mm plug or are you just using an adapter?

What headphones/earpice do you use with your Garmin 2720 on the bike? Are there any headphones out there that come with a 2.5mm plug or are you just using an adapter?
I think the plug in is on the left side of the unit under a weather flap and is a 3.5 mm plug.

I've got the etymonic 6 isolator earphones and they work well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also use etymonic 6 isolator earphones (they work great) with my garmin 2720. But as kxb44 said above, the motorcycle mount has a 2.5 mm jack and the earphones have a 3.5mm plug. My fix was the Radio Shack adapter ($5.00 I think).

Bob

There is another thread going where we are debating if the hardwire 2.5 female is stereo. Any have definitive proof?

There is another thread going where we are debating if the hardwire 2.5 female is stereo. Any have definitive proof?
Well, I haven't tried it yet, but the instruction sheet that came with the motorcycle mount calls it a '2.5 mm Mono Headphone Connector'. This mount kit was sold for the 2610, but also supports the 2720.

Also, I don't think there is an audio out jack on the 2720. The receptacle under the rubber 'weather cap' is an 'MCX' jack for a remote antenna. I don't see any way to use headphones without the hardwire cable.

I haven't looked closely at a 2730, but I would expect it to have a stereo headphone jack because it includes MP3 support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I haven't tried it yet, but the instruction sheet that came with the motorcycle mount calls it a '2.5 mm Mono Headphone Connector'. This mount kit was sold for the 2610, but also supports the 2720.

Also, I don't think there is an audio out jack on the 2720. The receptacle under the rubber 'weather cap' is an 'MCX' jack for a remote antenna. I don't see any way to use headphones without the hardwire cable.

I haven't looked closely at a 2730, but I would expect it to have a stereo headphone jack because it includes MP3 support.
The 2730 does indeed have a stereo headphone jack, on the left side of the unit, under a rubber weather flap.

I use Shure E2C's, and have been quite happy with them...

Jeff

I've got a 2730 and it does have the 3.5 jack on the left side.

Sorry,I thought it was the same on the 2720.

You can get an adapter at radioshack for about $5.

Latest posts