Gen 3 or 4?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all. Thanks for the feedback. I'm inclining towards a Gen.4, but I was advised not to get one because of the fuel setting which is very lean. My 2007 had this problem, which I remedied with Power Commander. This made a huge difference for the better. I don't want a repeat of this.
No such issue.

No fueling issue on an '013-'015 Gen 3 either.

As for the matte paint... if you've got the coin you can get it sprayed with matte clear coat for extra protection.

Hi all. Thanks for the feedback. I'm inclining towards a Gen.4, but I was advised not to get one because of the fuel setting which is very lean. My 2007 had this problem, which I remedied with Power Commander. This made a huge difference for the better. I don't want a repeat of this.
I have not noticed an issue and I have to say, having that top gear (6th) is a nice change. On my previous 2015, I was always thinking I needed to shift just one more time! And to echo others, the lights are great. I found two 2019s when I was looking, both good prices and pretty low mileage on CycleTrader, one in Colorado Springs and one in STL. Surely there are others out there.