Gen 3 service manuel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer Down Brown

Reaction score
I have a 2016 and the newest service manual I can find is a Clymer for 2006 -2013. Does anyone know of a newer version or are they just not out yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
That didn't take long. Thank you.

I thought I did a good search for it but obviously not good enough.

I have one on order now so let the knuckle busting begin.
punk.gif

great manual, the wiring diagrams, wow, they are crazy small !!!!! cant make out anything, glasses, magnifying glass, phone zoom program, what a pain in the butt !!!

16 manual

great manual, the wiring diagrams, wow, they are crazy small !!!!! cant make out anything, glasses, magnifying glass, phone zoom program, what a pain in the butt !!!16 manual
I scanned the schematic from my FSM into a PDF which is a much easier format to view and follow circuits. The schematic for my '15 is much more complex than my '04 and the '16 schematic which I have seen is even more complex than the '15. My old eyes have a hard time dealing with these high density drawings!

I have not yet found a Manuel for servicing the FJR. If you find Juan, please let us know.

is there pdf version? I dont really like to carry the book around.
No, Yamaha Corporation does not issue pdf versions. You either make your own (as the poster above you did) or buy a pirated copy (discouraged practice on this forum). And why would you need "to carry the book around"? Mine stays on the shelf until I need to do something.

Maybe it's a language thing, yes? There are 3 "levels" of books (at least how I view it):

- owners manual containing basic, general information; descriptions and schedules;

- Factory Service Manual (FSM) containing detailed instructions for maintenance;

- aftermarket manual, commonly called "Clymers" or "Haynes" manuals- similar to the FSM in content, IMO good for the beginner to FJR maintenance and well worth the price.

Owners manuals are available pdf. Official Yamaha FSM not. Aftermarket maybe but I've never checked.

is there pdf version? I dont really like to carry the book around.
No, Yamaha Corporation does not issue pdf versions. You either make your own (as the poster above you did) or buy a pirated copy (discouraged practice on this forum). And why would you need "to carry the book around"? Mine stays on the shelf until I need to do something.

Maybe it's a language thing, yes? There are 3 "levels" of books (at least how I view it):

- owners manual containing basic, general information; descriptions and schedules;

- Factory Service Manual (FSM) containing detailed instructions for maintenance;

- aftermarket manual, commonly called "Clymers" or "Haynes" manuals- similar to the FSM in content, IMO good for the beginner to FJR maintenance and well worth the price.

Owners manuals are available pdf. Official Yamaha FSM not. Aftermarket maybe but I've never checked.
I like to keep everything electronic. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.