GenI Admore Side-Bag Lights: The Install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And how do you propose the power get's to the light with the attachments provided then? I'm all ears here. :huh:

Surface mount the wires up the back of the case and use a coax or something like a weather-pak connector? Looks like the connection at the LED assembly might need to be different though.

I vote DRILL!

With a bit of thought put into it, one could easily place a nice grommet at the point where the wires come out of the case as well as a clean way to run the wires inside where they don't interfere with cargo. When it's all complete, a little dab of Silicone Goo in the grommet and you're water-tight.

Do they offer any sort of enclosure for the LED strip? Sure would be nice to encapsulate that strip so you don't just have bare LED bulbs hanging out there. I 'spose anything but a flat surface would render that thought useless.

It's not "bare LED bulbs" as you put it...it's a molded rubber-ized strip that is all one piece and waterproof. It's flexible enough for me to have routed over the edge.

I think this just convinced me I need to add more rear lighting. Not sure if it would have made a difference, but it couldn't hurt.

Motorcycle Rear Ended

Can't believe the cager wasn't arrested - no license, no insurance, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
And how do you propose the power get's to the light with the attachments provided then? I'm all ears here. :huh:

Surface mount the wires up the back of the case and use a coax or something like a weather-pak connector? Looks like the connection at the LED assembly might need to be different though.
Check out Allnight's pic of how he routed his wires.

Looks very nice!

And very familiar!

Here's where I routed the wires on mine.
Nice! :thumbsup:

I understand that aspect of it but aren't the bulbs themselves exposed?
Nope - the LED's are encased in the clear rubber-ized molded plastic.

Regarding comments about drilling into the bags - meh. It's just a motorcycle, and they're just side bags. If drilling holes helps a cager to see my brake light / turn signal that they otherwise wouldn't have seen, it's worth it to me. I really like the setup that extrememarine has on his Givi. I think NASA took notes from it.

Is it waterproof? Dunno yet. But, it's about time for the FJR's Annual Wash 'N Wax, so I'll let you know.

Latest posts