Givi Trunk Question and PC Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrunosBP

Reaction score
I installed my Power Commander today on my 07 FJR1300A, easiest PCIII I have installed to date. Question is, where is the 02 sensor that they suggest be disconnected? Bike is stock with not mods to intake or exhaust.

I also installed the Givi Maxia trunk with built in LED's. I am going to tie into the wire harness under the passenger seat. It is a simple 2 wire connection. What two wires do I connect in to.

Thanks in advance

I installed my Power Commander today on my 07 FJR1300A, easiest PCIII I have installed to date. Question is, where is the 02 sensor that they suggest be disconnected? Bike is stock with not mods to intake or exhaust.
clicky.

BTW, if you don't want people to jump all over you, I'd recommend using the 'search' command first before posting a question as a new topic. No offense, but most questions have been asked and answered before; this took me like 20 seconds to find.

I also installed the Givi Maxia trunk with built in LED's. I am going to tie into the wire harness under the passenger seat. It is a simple 2 wire connection. What two wires do I connect in to.
Thanks in advance
I found it easiest to just splice into the wires at one of the brake bulb quick-connects. You want to splice into the ground wire (black) and the wire that activates the brake filament on one of the brake bulbs (which is yellow on my 2006). The other wire (blue) powers an 'always on' running light filament. If you don't have a multitester, I'd highly recommend getting one--useful for all kinds of things, including figuring this out. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
clicky.

BTW, if you don't want people to jump all over you, I'd recommend using the 'search' command first before posting a question as a new topic. No offense, but most questions have been asked and answered before; this took me like 20 seconds to find.

Thanks in advance
I found it easiest to just splice into the wires at one of the brake bulb quick-connects. You want to splice into the ground wire (black) and the wire that activates the brake filament on one of the brake bulbs (which is yellow on my 2006). The other wire (blue) powers an 'always on' running light filament. If you don't have a multitester, I'd highly recommend getting one--useful for all kinds of things, including figuring this out. :)
Thanks for your reply. I did try the search, but it requires words to be a minimum of 3 characters long. 02 sensor messes up the search. I did find a thread that outlined the install, but it was for a first generation bike. I know it is on the right side of the bike, under the tank. Anyone tell me the color, how many wires, etc???

As for the wiring: I tried hooking up the yellow and black and still no trunk lites. I will keep working on that.

Thanks for your reply. I did try the search, but it requires words to be a minimum of 3 characters long. 02 sensor messes up the search. I did find a thread that outlined the install, but it was for a first generation bike. I know it is on the right side of the bike, under the tank. Anyone tell me the color, how many wires, etc???
Read the link I submitted. Black connector, # of wires is posted in that link. I recall that someone actually posted a picture of the connector on this forum somewhere.

I did my search for "power commander sensor 2006", sometimes you have to get creative with your search terms.

As for the wiring: I tried hooking up the yellow and black and still no trunk lites. I will keep working on that.
Yellow and black were definitely the correct ones on my 2006.

The other thing to consider--are you sure you have a good connection at the trunk quick-connect? Might be worth checking with a continuity tester.

I've been to all sorts of bike forums and though this one is very helpful its also the worst with telling posters to try a search. Geesh if you think you're too smart to answer the same question twice then don't but don't tell the poster how to post and discourage others from answering his/her question.

This forum is also the worst at sending threads to the pompous "Never-Ending Pointless Recurring Threads "

The fact that somebody wasted the time to create that thread speaks volumes to me.

There is only so much info one can ask about in a motorcycle specific forum and newcomers are a constant as are the ?'s about farkles and such. When I buy a new bike I always go to that forum and ask the same ?'s, only this forum tells me that's a boring question.

O.k. how do you feel about abortion?

What about ending the war?

When is the housing market going to improve?

I tried the search function but couldn't find the answer.

Ooops did I hijack this thread? sorry carry on.

Steve

Hey Mindtrip,

I got to say this is a AWESOME forum BUT the SEARCH function doesn't work very well. In fact it is down right HORRIBLE!

I have tried to do some very simple key word searches(many times)and get hundreds of pages of threads that do not have nothing to do with my subject. Except that somewhere in the thread the words..NOT PHRASE is buried. Not to mention some of the other issues regarding small words and numbers.

Try doing a search on Helmet Locks... It will give you endless pages of threads will the individual words..Helmet or Locks in the thread and have nothing to do with that subject. It may take you quite a while to even find a thread that pertains to Helmet Locks. This is even if you search the correct specific FORUM.

Brunosbp,

+1 on Daddysbike's statements. I think most people on this board like to share info....That is why they are here. Even though Mindtrip gave you some guff he still gave you some good info.... +1 TO THAT!!!

RE-JACKED

WW

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick and dirty search

www.google.com

[search term] site:fjrforum.com

works well B) it's detailed somewhere around here, but I'm to lazy top search for it :p

Thank you all for your replies. I went back to the link and found that it was slightly different than my connector. Mine is an 07. I disconnected what I believe to be the 02 sensor and took the bike for a ride. Everything appears to be OK. Still no go on the lights, but I did splice into the wire harness and not into one of the actual tail light bulbs. I will give that a try when I have a little more time.

BTW - PCIII does make a difference. Smoothed out the throttle and I am very happy. Now I just have to do the throttle spring fix and she should be just fine.