Good back roads around LaPine OR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekfeejay

Reaction score
Spending the night in LaPine OR after visiting Crater Lake- headed towards John Day area. Open to recommendations. Of how to get there.

If I didn't have a doctor appoinment in the morning I would offer to guide. I would head west out of Lapine and take the Cascade lakes hwy around Mt Bachelor to Bend. Leave Bend on hwy 20 and turn left on Powwell butte hwy and follow the signs for Alfalfa. Follow that past Millican hwy and when you get to the next stop sign turn left. Follow that road across Bowman dam and enjoy the ride along the Crooked river to Prineville. East out of Prineville to John Day. If you need more from there let me know and I will get you where you need to go. You can reach me at 541-536-8556

If you want a short fun ride go north on 97 and turn east on the road to Paulina Peak.It's about 25 miles up and back. If you are brave go into the park and take the road to the top of Paulina peak. It's dirt but usually in good shape. The view from the top is one of the finest on the planet.

I highly recommend getting in touch with Doug Watts at MOTOFantasy in La Pine.

Doug's a hell of a fun guy and has been riding the roads in the area for 20 years. I met him for the first time two weeks ago. I was on a week-long ride from Seattle to Reno and back. I stopped in LaPine at the B&B he runs with his wife Gloria. Had fantastic evening shooting the breeze with them, tasting his assortment of fine tequilas, and gazing longingly at his large assortment of superbikes available for rent.

https://www.motofantasy.net/new-page/

MOTOFantasy / DiamondStone Guest Lodges

16693 Sprague Loop

La Pine, Oregon 97739

Thanks Ray for making time to show the visitors a couple places they would never have found on their own. Nice visit. Will call next time I come this way and it will be sooner than later! Good decision to stay on " red " roads two up and loaded. Went Service Creek on the way to John Day. Will try that other way another time.

Thanks Ray for making time to show the visitors a couple places they would never have found on their own. Nice visit. Will call next time I come this way and it will be sooner than later! Good decision to stay on " red " roads two up and loaded. Went Service Creek on the way to John Day. Will try that other way another time.

Not the twistiest road around but I found the cascade lakes biway to be very nice and scenic as well......Did that when coming back from canada last summer.