Got the FJR now I need some farkles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCook

Reaction score
Picking up my '07 FJR friday and I want to get a few upgrades while I still have some money :)

I'm 6'3" so I would like a taller windshield. From some other threads I'm leaning towards the Cee Bailey, still unsure of a flip or not, but at least +4 taller and +2 wider? Maybe wider than that? Also I have large hands and the stock grips aren't going to cut it so I'm replacing those with larger diameter grips, on my old Bandit I picked up a set of these and they worked fine but I'm always up for options. It has been mentioned that I should get heated grips but I'm not going to do that right now. Lastly I have a RAM mount for my iPhone, it's a ubolt style that goes around the handlebar but the FJR doesn't have a tubular bar so I'm at a loss. Suggestions for mounting my iPhone?

If money is still available I like the saddle bag reflectors, big fan of being seen and not getting hit from the rear. Also 'hero blobs', sliders, whatever you call them, something to protect the fairing if I ever screw up and drop her, suggestions?

Thanks,

RCook

Picking up my '07 FJR friday and I want to get a few upgrades while I still have some money :)
I'm 6'3" so I would like a taller windshield. From some other threads I'm leaning towards the Cee Bailey, still unsure of a flip or not, but at least +4 taller and +2 wider? Maybe wider than that? Also I have large hands and the stock grips aren't going to cut it so I'm replacing those with larger diameter grips, on my old Bandit I picked up a set of these and they worked fine but I'm always up for options. It has been mentioned that I should get heated grips but I'm not going to do that right now. Lastly I have a RAM mount for my iPhone, it's a ubolt style that goes around the handlebar but the FJR doesn't have a tubular bar so I'm at a loss. Suggestions for mounting my iPhone?

If money is still available I like the saddle bag reflectors, big fan of being seen and not getting hit from the rear. Also 'hero blobs', sliders, whatever you call them, something to protect the fairing if I ever screw up and drop her, suggestions?

Thanks,

RCook
google search is your friend: ???????? site:fjrforum.com - lotsa info already out there on this forum to find

I'm new here as well and new to the FJR. I just ordered a +4, +2 Cee Bailey, and tank grip/protectors from TechSpec. I have a set of OES frame sliders and an accessory mount from SW motech for the GPS. I also got the BMW grips which I am pretty happy with so far. I got a set of those grips you listed but they felt slick to me so they went back in the package.

I'm originally from Iowa and got a degree from ISU. Unfortunately I80 and I35 aren't exactly known for their twisties!

I've had 3 diff on my 05, all yamaha opt.. Bailey's shields are very popular. Just ordered a +2/+2 CB with the flip. They did it in 7 days. I've seen the 4"+ on an 03. It was huge.

I'm new here as well and new to the FJR. I just ordered a +4, +2 Cee Bailey, and tank grip/protectors from TechSpec. I have a set of OES frame sliders and an accessory mount from SW motech for the GPS. I also got the BMW grips which I am pretty happy with so far. I got a set of those grips you listed but they felt slick to me so they went back in the package.I'm originally from Iowa and got a degree from ISU. Unfortunately I80 and I35 aren't exactly known for their twisties!
Heh, you just need to make your own twisties on 80/35, isn't that what semis are for?

You will also want to add some type of throttle assist or locking device. Throttle rocker and an Audiovox cruise are my choice.

You will also want to add some type of throttle assist or locking device. Throttle rocker and an Audiovox cruise are my choice.
Good point, I have (had) a throttlemeister on my Bandit, I have a throttle rocker for now but yes some form of cruise will be installed.

Welcome to the forum! You're not the same RCook from Ars Technica, are you?
I am! I haven't renewed my sub yet so I'm unable to announce the news to Ars in the perpetual motorcycle thread.

Sweet!!! Congratulations :) I'd be honored to post on your behalf on the PMT -- especially if you have a picture of your new ride!