• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GPSUSPENSION.COM GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent in my form. Penske 8983 and fork rebuild for me. :clapping:

Did exactly this upgrade (actually a ride-in, but that could be tougher for you, coming from VA) as part of the group buy a couple years ago - Thanks again WC. You are in for a TREAT the first time you jump on with your new setup dialed in. Great Zot, I thought this thing was on rails before changing the suspenders - with the GPSuspension stuff, it truly is a whole new bike in the corners AND it smoothes bumps out as well.

Did exactly this upgrade (actually a ride-in, but that could be tougher for you, coming from VA) as part of the group buy a couple years ago - Thanks again WC. You are in for a TREAT the first time you jump on with your new setup dialed in. Great Zot, I thought this thing was on rails before changing the suspenders - with the GPSuspension stuff, it truly is a whole new bike in the corners AND it smoothes bumps out as well.
Yes, you can sign up now and when you are ready next year or such setup an appointment and ride in and ride out sameday. Shocks will have to be paid in advanced thou. We still have one on the shelf from the last group buy that he has not had a chance to come in and have it installed yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Me too. I dropped my forks off, and Dave gave my wife and I a tour of the shop to boot! The first time I rode the bike after the above changes I wheelied the FJR because the rear end didn't squat -- the increase in thrust was terrific! The bike truly was transformed for my 300+ pounds. And my favorite twisties with dips and wallows were straightened out somehow.... I highly recommend it.

Count me in. My Feej blew one of the fork seals a couple weeks ago.

The timing couldn't have been better.

Thanks WC.

Initial stats after the first 24 hours of this Group Buy:

Fork Upgrades: 6

Penske: 5

Ohlins: 1

Shock rebuilds: 1

GPSuspension forks springs: 4

Updated (real-time) stats can always be seen on the Group Buy opening page.

Initial stats after the first 24 hours of this Group Buy:
Fork Upgrades: 6

Penske: 5

Ohlins: 1

Shock rebuilds: 1

GPSuspension forks springs: 4

Updated (real-time) stats can always be seen on the Group Buy opening page.
A BIG thanks to you for putting this GB together! :yahoo: :clapping:

With 28k on my 07 rear shock, I've noticed deteriorated handling and have been waiting on this GB. I can't believe I'm the only one in for the Ohlins shock?! If buying the mount bracket for the Penske, then the Ohlins is only like $168 more. I figure that's worth it to me to be able to quickly adjust preload when the wife gets on.

Here is a question for Dave at GP Suspension. If I sign up to rebuild my Wilber rear shock can I wait till winter sets in here in Vermont to send it to you? I hate to put my FJR on the side lines while we still have a bit more riding season let here.

Tom

I went in for the springs, but only because that's all I can't afford not to get at this time. I'd have gone for the whole enchilada if the farkle fund was large enough. All the nickel and dime crap I've been acquiring has depleted the budget.

Thanks for making this a recurring opportunity, WarKitty! :lol: :clapping: Maybe next year I can do a nice rear shock....

What shock was Iggie running in the rally that failed and how exactly did it fail?
Trying to make a decision.
No brands or models that they are offering in this Group Buy.

Go back and read the posts yourself.
Thanks. I was actually waiting for a cold winter day to read that thread. for some reason I was thinking it was a penske.

thanks for the enlightenment.

decisions decisions.

Mr. Warchild, please add a fork upgrade to my order. I just signed up for a Penske, but will go ahead and do the whole enchilada. I should be good with that, unless Harald keeps talking me into an Ohlins.......

Thanks.

Dale or others, I have a question about how many miles do most of you have on your stock shocks before you decided to upgrade? I currently have 23k and the bike seems to handle better since I got rid of the Bridgestones and went with Avon Azarros (I'll post my question about Azarros compared to Storms in another thread).

Since I've been averaging about 12,000 miles a year, I'll be around the 35,000 mark this time next year. Everyone says that this upgrade will make a world of difference, but to me the bike is running and handling just fine. I'd hope to see a $1,500 difference when done :)

Once again, on the freaking fence about spending more money on my bike (if the wife wouldn't bug, about it so much) it would be an easy decision. I also have the 26K valve check/adjustment check coming up.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Dave

I'm in... Fork rebuild and the Ohlins. Just got off the phone with Dave at GP... really looking forward to getting this done. :yahoo:

-EDIT- or I will be as soon as the sign up site is back online

Griff