Greensboro, NC area Tech Day?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess at this point we should do a roll call. I've only received one PM asking for directions to my house, so maybe I picked a bad weekend. I can easily reschedule this if needed.

So, who's coming?

Would love to, but conflict with the Barber AHRMA event so can not make it this time around. Thanks for your obvious willingness to do this, and a great place to boot. CC

I am interested in dropping by, but I work every other weekend and the 6th is on my work weekend.

I will keep checking in to see what day you settle on ;)

I'm planning on being there, so far no conflicts of schedule have come up. From the looks of it, we'll need a table for a party of two so save your money joe, I don't imbibe when riding. Iced tea is just fine unless we want to splurge for the hoity-toity lemony stuff.

I'm planning on being there, so far no conflicts of schedule have come up. From the looks of it, we'll need a table for a party of two so save your money joe, I don't imbibe when riding. Iced tea is just fine unless we want to splurge for the hoity-toity lemony stuff.
With the money I will save on food and electricity, I should be able to get some lemons.

:aarambo:

Welp, barring a hospital visit I'm in. The wifey has her scheduling arranged for me to be gone all day the 13th. Now to figure out how to tote my toolbox ;)

What did you plan on bringing? I have a decent assortment of stuff. If it's specialty stuff though, I probably don't have it though.

Joe

Welp, barring a hospital visit I'm in. The wifey has her scheduling arranged for me to be gone all day the 13th. Now to figure out how to tote my toolbox ;)

What did you plan on bringing? I have a decent assortment of stuff. If it's specialty stuff though, I probably don't have it though.

Joe
Not much really, just the tote-around toolbox I keep in the truck. I figured you have plenty of stuff but if more folks show up we might need some extra basic hand tools so multiple tasks can be going on at the same time.

Actually, I think I can either fit the toolbox in my T-Bag or just dump the tools into it. There's very little basic maintenance I need something else for.

That's fine. Only one person has PM'ed me for my address, so it's a pretty safe bet that this is going to be a small Tech Day. If anyone is interested in doing CO adjustments or anything like that, I can fire up my 5-Gas and we can entertain ourselves.

Joe

Joe
Not much really, just the tote-around toolbox I keep in the truck. I figured you have plenty of stuff but if more folks show up we might need some extra basic hand tools so multiple tasks can be going on at the same time.

Actually, I think I can either fit the toolbox in my T-Bag or just dump the tools into it. There's very little basic maintenance I need something else for.

I think I'll be a go for the 13th; I might be able to get Bradman to come with if he's available (he lives just east of Raleigh). One of the things I've yet to do on the FJR and would like to learn via some OJT is refreshing the fork oil.

I think I'll be a go for the 13th; I might be able to get Bradman to come with if he's available (he lives just east of Raleigh). One of the things I've yet to do on the FJR and would like to learn via some OJT is refreshing the fork oil.
Cool. We should have 4 or 5 guys there now.

Joe

Good idea, I've never done that one either.

Last week I noticed my compressor had drained on its own. I had about 5 lbs of pressure after sitting for a week. I was pretty distressed to find that the tank had corroded and was leaking out the bottom. Just what I needed after installing it in the new garage. I suppose it is OK that it did it after 19 years of faithful service, but it looked like new. Thankfully I was able to find a replacement tank for it. I picked up an 80 gallon tank to replace the 60 gallon one. It took a fair about of fabrication to make it work, but it sure beats buying a new compressor.

So, after working the entire day on it yesterday, we will have compressed air for out Tech Day. Maybe I can even get a few more outlets wired by them...we'll see.

Joe

I'll be interested in coming. So long as i can get my transmission back together in time.

Finishing up the dreaded (07) 2nd and 4th "popping out of gear" syndrome.

If I make it, I'll be there.

Buy some cheap transmission fluid to use to flush them. Fork oil is too exspensive to use for that.