Hand grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnuut

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where i can buy some gel grips that fit the fjr they seem to be 135mm and i want to retain the bar end weights

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on the grip puppies. They really thicken/soften the grip. I'd go for the large, not small size. Pain in the ass to get on, though. Make sure water is HOT and lots of soap! Good $8 to spend.

You can save yourself some time, and just pick up a set of gel dirt-bike grips. Cut both ends off, and slip them over the existing grips. This is best done with some help, and some soapy water. I've done this on my last two bikes, and it beats any aftermarket solution I've seen, to date.

Another vote for grip puppies. No matter how hot and soapy the water is, they are still a pain in the ass to get on. But well worth it.

Another vote for grip puppies. No matter how hot and soapy the water is, they are still a pain in the ass to get on. But well worth it.
Oh yea i too like grip puppies. I have a pair on my seadoo GTI SE, as well as the FJR.

Screw hot and soapy water... blow them on with compressed air. easy, peasy!

cadman

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info i ordered a set of grip puppies from cal sport.
+1

Mine went on with minimal fuss.... lots of soapy water.

The grip puppies make grips just the right size for me (although if you buy a crampbuster - you're going to want to get an oversized version so it'll fit over the puppies).

+1 on the grip puppies. They really thicken/soften the grip. I'd go for the large, not small size. Pain in the ass to get on, though. Make sure water is HOT and lots of soap! Good $8 to spend.
Small is the size that fits the FJR. They do work great. I have worn out a pair and ready for new ones. I had not considred tying the large size as the small is what was advertised for the FJR over stock grips.

Latest posts