Harley Sticker

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoCalFJR1300

Reaction score
Saw this bumper sticker on a car yesterday............

"HARLEY DAVIDSON".....half the bike for twice the price, you're right Mister I don't get it!!

laugh.png
laugh.png

Some of the best fun I've had was showing up at a charity ride knowing there'd be about 90% HD. What I did was "appropriate" a buddy's HD shirt and ironed on "ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE" across the back. Most folks got a chuckle but there were a few boneheads ready to dance " 'cause dem der's fighting words, boy".

95% of all Harley's ever built are still on the road.

The rest made it back home. :D

Used to ride them. Still know a few who do. We dig at each other all the time. All in fun.

A fellow ZRX rider also has a Harley. He said at lunch one day that his Harley didn't get as many bugs splattered on it as the ZRX. I said "That's because they're outrunning you." He was gracious enough to laugh.

A fellow ZRX rider also has a Harley. He said at lunch one day that his Harley didn't get as many bugs splattered on it as the ZRX. I said "That's because they're outrunning you." He was gracious enough to laugh.
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
That was way to[o] funny.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I recall a Honda Blackbird forum member long ago posting something like: "Harley Davidson -- the most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the undesirable side effect of horsepower."

They are what they are. Given unlimited funds, I'd probably own a HD (as one of maybe 6 bikes in a huge garage), because the ones that move me are akin to a restored '56 Ford pickup that feels just right for a leisurely ride to the hardware store on that occasional Sunday morning. But the marketing of the "lifestyle", the exorbitant price, the lack of significant technological improvements to performance over the decades, and the negative attitudes of too many HD riders toward other brands and their riders is what puts me off. (Well, . . . and the 6 or 7 figures of disposable income that would make the limited utility of owning one seem reasonable.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently sold my 2003 Electraglide classic. It was fun to ride but the quote above --- " "Harley Davidson -- the most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the undesirable side effect of horsepower." is so very very true.

rolleyes.gif

I don't get you guys.

If you don't like them don't buy them.

Ride to ride, why do you care who rides what?

I don't get you guys.If you don't like them don't buy them.

It's just a joke.....like Harley riders don't talk shit about Japanese riders.

Yankee fans talk shit about the Red Sox and Mets.........Celtic fans talk shit about the Lakers ect..........

I saw the humor and chuckled at all the quotes...

EASY Boyz, it's all in good fun
smile.png
I certainly hope so. My bestest riding buds are all HD guys and what goes here are exactly the things that go on routinely between us. Things like,

"Which one you riding today?"

"The ElectraGlide."

"Is that the one that's too heavy, too clumsy or too slow?"

After riding in the rain, his face pelted,

"Why don't you get a real bike?"

"Dude! WTF!! It's A Dyna."

"No man, not a Hardley [slowly raise hand simulating raising wind shield]. A real bike...."

Yankee fans talk shit about the Red Sox and Mets.........Celtic fans talk shit about the Lakers ect..........
Um, just so you know, nobody really talks shit about the Mets anymore. Sorta like making fun of the disabled.

Carry on.

I'm thinking of getting Harley in my garage, I need something to work on during the winter months, and lord knows there isn't much to do to the FJR other than add more farkles.

Um, just so you know, nobody really talks shit about the Mets anymore. Sorta like making fun of the disabled.

Carry on.
laugh.png
laugh.png
not as bad as the CUBS!!
laugh.png

A Street Rod would be my only consideration. They only made them for 2 years. Upright riding position. Better suspension. Brembo brakes. More lean angle.