Helmet in Saddle bag?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBones

Reaction score
Will a Schubert XL Full Face helmet fit in an FJR saddle bag?

Thanks.

Anyone have a succinct and accurate summary of the difference between various model years? Trying to find an excellent condition used bike and trying to determine which years to zero in on. Likely thinking 2013-15. Thanks!

Anyone have a succinct and accurate summary of the difference between various model years? Trying to find an excellent condition used bike and trying to determine which years to zero in on. Likely thinking 2013-15. Thanks!
You mean besides the FJR Model Year Comparison Matrix that's been updated many times since you signed up 8 years ago?

Will a Schubert XL Full Face helmet fit in an FJR saddle bag?
The subject is talked about here in a 3 page thread with another same sized helmet and many, Many, MANY other times if you try searching on helmet saddlebag or sidebag.

Last edited by a moderator:
My XL Gmax GM54s fits with Sena SMH10 attached but only one possible way:

It has to be the right saddle bag, front of helmet facing rearward, right side facing down, left side with Sena facing straight up.

I stick my gloves in the helmet and carefully close it up.

I don't know. But an xl Nolan won't. In any orientation. I carry a cable and lock for those rare times I'm worried about it.

One way to know for sure: Bring the lid to a dealership (or to a nearby FJR owner's) and try putting it in the side bag. All FJR side bags of all year bikes are exactly the same.

If you comfortably have the $$$, the '13 and up is the way to go. If you ride 2 up do consider the ES. All around the ES suspension is better and negates the need to add an aftermarket suspension.

Two styles of Arai and two styles of Shoei, all with attached Scala headset brackets and communicators fit in our saddlebags, just not all at once ;) And, as Fred sez, all FJR saddlebags of all years are the same size.

Having lived in Palisades NY and Mountainside NJ I can see your need for an agile bike to get you out of the area ASAP
smile.png

My XL Gmax GM54s fits with Sena SMH10 attached but only one possible way:
It has to be the right saddle bag, front of helmet facing rearward, right side facing down, left side with Sena facing straight up.

I stick my gloves in the helmet and carefully close it up.
I was going to say my Neotec will but not with the Sena 20S on it. Then I tired relhok's method, I'll be damned. I my case the Sena has to face down but, tight, it does fit.

In my case, the bottom of the helmet has to face the back wall of the saddle bag. Then I put my gloves under the helmet because the Sena 20S has to be on the bottom side of the bag.

Haha! Nice Canadian sun shield you got d'ere, eh? Duct tape FTW!
Friends were laughing at my blue masking tape so when I saw something more attractive I upgraded. Essential when sun is low in sky or after dusk to deal with oncoming headlights.

FWIW that's a 2XL Shoei RF-1100.

My 'large' Neotec fits, with a Sena SMH10R (the low profile one..) I also have a gopro mount on the opposite (right) side.

I ordered Sena 20S's which will be here later this week. With the Sena on my XL helmet, it will be a bitch to fit it in my OEM top case. Wish I had my old Givi case back.