Help with O2 Sensor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lake Powell

Reaction score
Yes I did a search.

I have a PCIII installed and am unclear on which connector is for the O2 sensor. There are 2 connectors next to the fuel rail on the right side of the bike. One connector has three leads going into it and the other has four leads going into it. The FJR Tech site says thet the O2 sensor has only two leads and thus the confusion. My FJR manual isn't very clear which lead is specifically the O2 connector.

Specifically there are two connectors on the right side of the fuel rail zip tied to other items near the fuel injector.

There is a 4 lead connector that is black and has on the male end a red w/ black stripe, brown w/ white stripe, white ,and blue wire(s). The female end of the same connector has a white w/black, brown w/white, black, and black wire(s).

The 3 lead connector is white and has on the male end a white w/ black stripe, blue, black wire(s). The female end of the same connector has a blue w/white, white, black w/blue wire(s).

I'm hoping it is one of these connectors if so which one?

Thanks for the help!

You can go to FJRtech.com and look at the unhooking the O2 sensor blurb. HOWEVER, that's for a Gen I bike. For the Gen I it's grey/gray connectors and it's on the right side/outside/buried towards the rear - only two wires. The engines are the same, but who knows...

Try this:

FJRtech O2

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I did a search.
I have a PCIII installed and am unclear on which connector is for the O2 sensor. There are 2 connectors next to the fuel rail on the right side of the bike. One connector has three leads going into it and the other has four leads going into it. The FJR Tech site says thet the O2 sensor has only two leads and thus the confusion. My FJR manual isn't very clear which lead is specifically the O2 connector.

Specifically there are two connectors on the right side of the fuel rail zip tied to other items near the fuel injector.

There is a 4 lead connector that is black and has on the male end a red w/ black stripe, brown w/ white stripe, white ,and blue wire(s). The female end of the same connector has a white w/black, brown w/white, black, and black wire(s).

The 3 lead connector is white and has on the male end a white w/ black stripe, blue, black wire(s). The female end of the same connector has a blue w/white, white, black w/blue wire(s).

I'm hoping it is one of these connectors if so which one?

Thanks for the help!
According to the '06-7 SM, the O2 sensor has two blacks, a blue and a white coming off it that goes to a black 4-wire plug with red/blue, black, gray/white, and black/blue wires near the right end of the fuel injector throttle bodies...GL

Gary in Fairbanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Go down to the exhast header, find the catalytic converter, and find where the O2 sensor plugs in. There will be a wire coming out of it. Follow that wire up (give it a gentle tug) and you will then find which wire/connector by the right side of the frame you are seeking.

Gary got it, thanks for all the help.

It would seem the Gen II's maybe have 2 sensors and thus the additional set of wires from the Gen I's, that is what caused the confusion from the FJR Tech decription from Warchild.

Again thanks for the help!

It would seem the Gen II's maybe have 2 sensors and thus the additional set of wires from the Gen I's, that is what caused the confusion from the FJR Tech decription from Warchild.

Glad you found it...I just looked in the pictures in the Manual...the GenI sensors are unheated so only two wires in my Svc. Man...the GenII's have an electrical pre-heat to get them up to speed sooner I guess....cheers.

Gary in Fairbanks

Glad you found it...I just looked in the pictures in the Manual...the GenI sensors are unheated so only two wires in my Svc. Man...the GenII's have an electrical pre-heat to get them up to speed sooner I guess....cheers.

Gary in Fairbanks

That would make sense, thanks again Bud!

Latest posts