Home Safe Thread.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GPRIDER

Reaction score
Ok. Everybody sound off. I made it back with no probs. Brian had a slow leaky tire, but will make it home safely.

GP

Oh and by the way. All the people that canceled because of bad weather or thought it would be to hot (Jeff), It was great. Some rain (what else is new), but we got in a great half of a day Friday riding and all day Saturday with nice weather.

GP

Oh and by the way. All the people that canceled because of bad weather or thought it would be to hot (Jeff), It was great. Some rain (what else is new), but we got in a great half of a day Friday riding and all day Saturday with nice weather.
GP
Great that you had a whole day and a half to ride a great area.

It sure didn't look that way from the radar I checked out or the horror stories from south of petey's place.

OK...I made it home.

Had a great day on Friday with some leanier riding on Push.

Sat out Saturday due to the morning rains...I am such a fair weather rider now.

Sunday got in a full days riding of 123, 21, 74, 123 again, etc. Even took in some gravel roads to check out the rivers/streams since the heavy rain. The area is much prettier when all the creeks are running.

Home safe.

Apparently there is flooding on the south end of hwy 7. The Ouachita River bridge at Arkadelphia was closed so I had to detour to Prescott then back to Camden (around that stretch of highway and river), to get to Smackover.

All is well and had a great time.

Got home a couple of hours ago...I certainly got more than a day & a half of riding in.
smile.png

ya'll making me happy
hay Fred...maybe duplicate your SFO sig pic with 2013
Maybe I will, Mike. But you know how darned busy I am.

Sorry you could not make it. We had some great riding, drank lots of beer, ate too much good food, and told many tales.

Back to LaCrosse and in fine shape after a little sleep. Pulled an all nighter on the way home. Got into Lacrosse about 7:30 AM, Lot of stops and rest periods, Put air in the rear twice. Got pulled over for speeding in Iowa (Again) Another Lecture only...Whew.

Hey All,

I made it back home to Colorado Springs around 6 this evening(monday). I explored South 7 and 16 into Fayetteville on the way out of Akansas just to add a few more curves to the weekend memory before going through Kansas(awful) on the way home. I am now a believer of all that swore that there were GREAT roads in Arkansas, there DAMN SURE was! There was also no shortage of great riders at SFO! Special thanks goes out to Marty, Mike(Canadian), and Gramps for showing me Push Mt. and some (for me) VERY spirited riding! I may have been channeling some of the spirited riding mood on the way through Kansas, as I was given a performance award(speeding ticket) by a less than happy state trooper. I suggested the "stern warning" that cetain Canadians seem to be able to get away with, but no joy for me :(

By the way, anyone that skipped SFO due to weather, you have officially made it into the "PANSY" catagory. I was the lone person camping at SFO, and thunderstorms are FUN!

Phil

Hey All,
I made it back home to Colorado Springs around 6 this evening(monday). I explored South 7 and 16 into Fayetteville on the way out of Akansas just to add a few more curves to the weekend memory before going through Kansas(awful) on the way home. I am now a believer of all that swore that there were GREAT roads in Arkansas, there DAMN SURE was! There was also no shortage of great riders at SFO! Special thanks goes out to Marty, Mike(Canadian), and Gramps for showing me Push Mt. and some (for me) VERY spirited riding! I may have been channeling some of the spirited riding mood on the way through Kansas, as I was given a performance award(speeding ticket) by a less than happy state trooper. I suggested the "stern warning" that cetain Canadians seem to be able to get away with, but no joy for me
sad.png

By the way, anyone that skipped SFO due to weather, you have officially made it into the "PANSY" catagory. I was the lone person camping at SFO, and thunderstorms are FUN!

Phil
I know Marty and Gramps...those two are just crazy riders...

Don't feel bad about getting the ticket, the "stern warning" thing only works if you have a canadian accent. The cop is usually laughing so hard, he just can't bear to give out a ticket.

...and don't lie to me. I've camped in thunderstorms before...they ain't fun at all. Especially when the creek decides to run right through your tent....

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh come on wheatie don't be making shit up, we ain't no crazier than you.
no.gif

Wished you could have made it.

The HUB is a great place for a motorcycle gathering. Good location and very accommodating.

But, it was the SFO attendees that made it fun. I had a blast!

Thanks guys,

Randal

I made it back to Lakeland, TN. around 5.00PM. The VFR1200F was flawless on the trip and I had very little discomfort after nearly 1300 miles combined riding on Thur-Sun. By the way, if anyone remembers the hard time many members of this forum gave Mark (Glory Racing) for his comments on scraping hard-parts on his former FJR and implying that his riding technique might need improving_____WRONG!!!!! Mark is one of the fastest and most capable riders I have ever had the pleasure to ride with. Plus. if you think you can keep up then I will quote Mark, "come get you some."
no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to LaCrosse and in fine shape after a little sleep. Pulled an all nighter on the way home. Got into Lacrosse about 7:30 AM, Lot of stops and rest periods, Put air in the rear twice. Got pulled over for speeding in Iowa (Again) Another Lecture only...Whew.
Glad you made it ok Brian. Get that rear tire patched and your fork fixed and you'll be ready to go again.

GP