Hooterville 2016 - Oct. 6-9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure the sheep in Arkansas are relieved.
Well,

You were going to sleep with him, I mean share a room...Are you relieved?

Remember, your answer will be recorded for posterity...and death is not an option.
If you sleep on your back with one eye open when 'Zilla's around you have no problems.
no.gif
Plus he knows I carry just like he does.
uhoh.gif

But he's a good roomy, so he will be missed.
flirt.gif

Is anyone planning on riding Sunday as well in the area??

If I can get tires on the bike, I can make it down on Saturday afternoon/evening. Ride on Sunday and since we do not have school for Columbus Day, I will head back Monday.

Is anyone planning on riding Sunday as well in the area??
If I can get tires on the bike, I can make it down on Saturday afternoon/evening. Ride on Sunday and since we do not have school for Columbus Day, I will head back Monday.
Yep

Marty, If I can get Tires on my bike, I am heading down. Problem is I do not have the tires yet, but I know a guy who has a set and another guy who can put them on. I just have to work those logistics out. Might make for a couple of really late nights!! But Ark and MO are worth it.

Marty, If I can get Tires on my bike, I am heading down. Problem is I do not have the tires yet, but I know a guy who has a set and another guy who can put them on. I just have to work those logistics out. Might make for a couple of really late nights!! But Ark and MO are worth it.
Changing tires in Vernon Hills tonight....

Last edited by a moderator:
Who are these two guys!? Inquiry minds want to know

Changing tires in Vernon Hills tonight....
Might be a little far for me to accomplish.......if that was an invite!!! If not, thanks for your itinerary. LOL

Who are these two guys!? Inquiry minds want to know
Well, one of them is you and the other is Blackandwhite, like you didn't know.

Couple of truckers he blows on the weekends...
NO, I am not blowing either of you. Regardless of the favor you guys are doing me. Not even if you drove a truck once.

Couple of truckers he blows on the weekends...
NO, I am not blowing either of you. Regardless of the favor you guys are doing me. Not even if you drove a truck once.

Don't drag me into this! Marty made the comment...didn't HE drive a truck once?

Smitty, Marty, Allen, Mark, Skip, and others

Calling all Route Masters..................... Can you work me up something from Festus (maybe elsewhere) to Harrison? I plan on making good time on the Interstate to the St. Louis area. But then will be looking for some better roads the rest of the way. What do you suggest? Is it best to Slab it to Festus area and then head over, or head further west on I-44 and then head south? Some of you have great knowledge of the area. I will put the route in Tyre after checking it out.

Thanks in Advance.

Cav

Smitty, Marty, Allen, and others
Calling all Route Masters..................... Can you work me up something from Festus (maybe elsewhere) to Harrison? I plan on making good time on the Interstate to the St. Louis area. But then will be looking for some better roads the rest of the way. What do you suggest? Is it best to Slab it to Festus area and then head over, or head further west on I-44 and then head south? Some of you have great knowledge of the area. I will put the route in Tyre after checking it out.

Thanks in Advance.

Cav
Did you want me to put your favorite truck stops on the route? You could make a little extra cash...

Smitty, Marty, Allen, Mark, Skip, and others

Thanks in Advance.

Cav
Take slab to MO 19 south to Thayer to AR 9 south to Push Mtn area...go berserk in circles for awhile. Land in Harrison.

I 44 to Cuba, MO., then south on 19 then what Wheatie said.

Lots of good riding in the Mark Twain National Forest. If you can spare the time....

- slab it to anywhere south of Arnold then cut west and catch 21 south

- at Potosi catch P south

- when it ends at Old Rte C make a quick right-left to get on DD south

- DD ends at 32. Go west on 32

- south on KK to Bunker

- catch A out of town to 19 south

- west on 160

- left on 5 south to Mountain Home

- 412 west to Harrison area

Not that much time? When you and I went down there in the spring we took 44 west to Cuba, then caught 19 south to 160 west. Not as much play time in the forest but a tasty way to get there fairly quickly.

Most unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it. Had a death in the family and flying out to Florida for the service on Saturday. Was really looking forward to meeting you guys and the rides. There is a hurricane heading that way so if I can't make it out there you'll see me in Arkansas...