Hooterville 2016 - Oct. 6-9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are three routes I'm working on... Not done tweaking them yet.

I'll have them in GPS files when I'm done.

Oark Loop:

Oark%20Loop.jpg

Push Mountain 1:

Push%201.jpg

Push Mountain 2:

Push%202.jpg

Thanks Grunt I saw that and was going to give them a call this week. Any interest in sharing a site?
And yes the video sealed the deal.
I am staying in my travel trailer so, I am not sure sharing a site is even an option. Just looking at the pics of the place I see plenty of bikes there camping out.

Are you tent camping? I have lawn chairs etc... for chilling out after a day of riding that I will definitely share with any of you guys. Im good for a cup of coffee in the AM as well.
smile.png

They also have cabins that are as cheap as the hotel, I think, if you would rather be around a camp fire instead of a Hotel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the camping thing. Next year we should do an Arkansas camp out. Not instead of Hooverville, in addition. Maybe after the SEO ramble.

There's nothing like a campfire after a ride!

Ref: camping.

A new Missouri state park has opened near Eminence. Has a lodge with rooms, dining, and the usual camping thing. I haven't looked into it and know nothing about it.

https://echobluffstatepark.com/

I'm not into the camping thing, but something to consider for next year?

I am staying in my travel trailer so, I am not sure sharing a site is even an option. Just looking at the pics of the place I see plenty of bikes there camping out.
Are you tent camping? I have lawn chairs etc... for chilling out after a day of riding that I will definitely share with any of you guys. Im good for a cup of coffee in the AM as well.
smile.png

They also have cabins that are as cheap as the hotel, I think, if you would rather be around a camp fire instead of a Hotel.
My plan is to tent or hammock camp depending on weather. Super 8 (with it's colorful reviews but $48 room rate) is my backup.

I just came off a 10 day trip and plan to be gone most of October so I'm being cost conscious.

trying to find alternate routes from Missouri to Arkansas other than highway 65. Can anyone from the area comment on the road quality of highway 125 from Strafford to Yellville ? Looks like it might be a nice ride if the road is in good shape. thanks in advance.

trying to find alternate routes from Missouri to Arkansas other than highway 65. Can anyone from the area comment on the road quality of highway 125 from Strafford to Yellville ? Looks like it might be a nice ride if the road is in good shape. thanks in advance.
You should look at past Hooterville ride threads in the Midwest section. Many times we rode in Missouri, or Missouri to Arkansas. Shoot, use some of those roads!
smile.png

MO 19 south from I70 at New Florence, MO into Arkansas is pretty nice, then you could work west on AR9, US 62/412 thru Mt. Home to Harrison. Or 9 to Allison and 14 to Yellville, if you have time. All nice roads.
Can't say what 125 is like now, but be advised the ferry doesn't run in the fog, which might be a problem in the mornings at this time of the year.

I will look into 19, but that might be a little to much for 1 day. That will put me at 12 hours of ridding, not including stops. It might bring back some memories because when I was between the ages 6-9 i use to live in Cherryville and Steelville and I have not been back since. I guess it will all depend on how early of a start i get though. I will make a gps route for both. Thanks again.

I will look into 19, but that might be a little to much for 1 day. That will put me at 12 hours of ridding, not including stops. It might bring back some memories because when I was between the ages 6-9 i use to live in Cherryville and Steelville and I have not been back since. I guess it will all depend on how early of a start i get though. I will make a gps route for both. Thanks again.
I went from Clinton, AR to Wheaton, IL via 19 a few years back...not a bad ride. Long, but any ride from AR to northern IL is gonna be a long day...you might as well have some fun.

Unless I-55 is your kinda thang.
wink.png

125 is a terrific freshly paved road, north of the lake.
Yes ^this^ Prestone.

After some droning, 125 south of Chadwick becomes incredible fun with fresh pavement. It runs right into the ferry at Protem.

The ferry can make you wait 45 minutes and it costs a few bucks. I plan on riding it on the way down, and if I don't catch the ferry right, I'll just detour around and hit 65, since there's not a lot of fun there just north of Harrison anyway.

It'll be fun to ride with you guys again.

Looks like I'm in need of a roomie if anyone is still looking to share, I've lost track if anyone is still looking. I'm booked for Thursday through Sunday. Let me know.

smile.png

My plan is to tent or hammock camp depending on weather. Super 8 (with it's colorful reviews but $48 room rate) is my backup.

I just came off a 10 day trip and plan to be gone most of October so I'm being cost conscious.
Well if the temps are what the future cast predicts then sleeping in a sleeping bag in a tent may be just fine. Not too hot not too cold. Rain is the XFactor in any mountain area, weather is usually unpredictable and can come on and off quickly.
I was in the Marine infantry my whole adult life so sleeping on the ground is no longer appealing to me.

I was planning on getting up early eating breakfast getting my quick "two pots of coffee" down and heading over to the hotel to meet the group. I am not really "camping" in the travel trailer as it is like a small apartment. Not sure what the actual cost of the hotel is after all the weird taxes some have but splitting the room with NTXFJR may be a cheaper way to go?

Alright. I don't usually do things with such short notice...... But someone elbowed me about this gathering. And heck, I've got the weekend off. So reschedule 2 days of clients.... And I'm in!!!

Be there Thursday evening through Sunday morning.

I'll be able to hit another state!! And possibly another if I drive for a bit.....

NTXFJR posted: Looks like I'm in need of a roomie if anyone is still looking to share, I've lost track if anyone is still looking. I'm booked for Thursday through Sunday. Let me know.
zzzzip posted: PM sent.
Hope it works out.

NTXFJR posted: Looks like I'm in need of a roomie if anyone is still looking to share, I've lost track if anyone is still looking. I'm booked for Thursday through Sunday. Let me know.
zzzzip posted: PM sent.
Hope it works out.
If it does, it means zzzip is two -timin. I thought he and HRZ were going to be butt buddies.

Alright. I don't usually do things with such short notice...... But someone elbowed me about this gathering. And heck, I've got the weekend off. So reschedule 2 days of clients.... And I'm in!!!
Be there Thursday evening through Sunday morning.

I'll be able to hit another state!! And possibly another if I drive for a bit.....
Sweet!