Hooterville 2016 - Oct. 6-9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HRZ is having to bail. Since your ass is already taken, I am having to look elsewhere.
Well, good luck to you Skip. See you on Thursday!
They're expecting some unrest, and it's that old "protect and serve" thingy.
vinsent.gif
stop.gif

It's tuff being a superhero.
spidy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
125 is a terrific freshly paved road, north of the lake.
Yes ^this^ Prestone.

After some droning, 125 south of Chadwick becomes incredible fun with fresh pavement. It runs right into the ferry at Protem.

The ferry can make you wait 45 minutes and it costs a few bucks. I plan on riding it on the way down, and if I don't catch the ferry right, I'll just detour around and hit 65, since there's not a lot of fun there just north of Harrison anyway.

It'll be fun to ride with you guys again.

I think that's still a free one.

https://www.arkansas.com/attractions/detail/peel-ferry/18735

or

https://arkansasroadstories.com/peel.html

Yes ^this^ Prestone.

After some droning, 125 south of Chadwick becomes incredible fun with fresh pavement. It runs right into the ferry at Protem.

The ferry can make you wait 45 minutes and it costs a few bucks. I plan on riding it on the way down, and if I don't catch the ferry right, I'll just detour around and hit 65, since there's not a lot of fun there just north of Harrison anyway.

Another "chase the FZ1" ride!

Alright. I don't usually do things with such short notice...... But someone elbowed me about this gathering. And heck, I've got the weekend off. So reschedule 2 days of clients.... And I'm in!!!
Be there Thursday evening through Sunday morning.

I'll be able to hit another state!! And possibly another if I drive for a bit.....
Woot! The farrier is in the house!

First post updated with info:

Route files can be found here: Clicky

They're in separate folders as GDB and GPX files and there is a JPG folder that has image files of the routes.

Routes:

1. Mt Magazine 435: A long ride that goes south of I40 and stops for BBQ at Franks Hickory House on the way back north.
2. Mt Magazine 377: A little shorter without BBQ
3. Oark Store 225: Burgers, Pie and Ice cream JSNS!
4. Push Mtn Loop 305: Clockwise with a stop at Frank's
5. Push Mtn Loop 330 No BBQ: Counter-clockwise no BBQ slightly squigglier.

Now hear this!!!

I am not responsible if the route goes over a cliff, sends you down a gravel road, or you just don't like it. I have ridden all of these and they worked for me and that's all I really care about. So, suck on that.

1. As for riding groups: I DO NOT like riding in huge groups. 1 - 6 is my preferred group size. I will not be leading a 10-20 bike train. If you want to do that, have at it.

2. I'm not organizing groups. Please, please, please ride with people of comparable pace and if you find yourself in over your head there is not a fkn thing to be embarrassed about slowing it down. Trust me, I've made the pride mistake. It tends to be painful.

3. I ride at a spirited pace, unless I eat too much BBQ and ice cream/pie, then it's a struggle to stay awake. My advice is: Don't follow me.

Ride your own ride, don't over-do it. Arkansas is a pain in the ass to get home from without your bike.

Make sure somebody (not me) has your emergency contact info just in case.

I'm happy to put these things together but you're all big-boys & girls act responsibly.

Once again... RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE.

That is all.

First post updated with info:
Route files can be found here: Clicky

They're in separate folders as GDB and GPX files and there is a JPG folder that has image files of the routes.

Routes:

1. Mt Magazine 435: A long ride that goes south of I40 and stops for BBQ at Franks Hickory House on the way back north.

2. Mt Magazine 377: A little shorter without BBQ

3. Oark Store 225: Burgers, Pie and Ice cream JSNS!

4. Push Mtn Loop 305: Clockwise with a stop at Frank's

5. Push Mtn Loop 330 No BBQ: Counter-clockwise no BBQ slightly squigglier.

Now hear this!!!

I am not responsible if the route goes over a cliff, sends you down a gravel road, or you just don't like it. I have ridden all of these and they worked for me and that's all I really care about. So, suck on that.

1. As for riding groups: I DO NOT like riding in huge groups. 1 - 6 is my preferred group size. I will not be leading a 10-20 bike train. If you want to do that, have at it.

2. I'm not organizing groups. Please, please, please ride with people of comparable pace and if you find yourself in over your head there is not a fkn thing to be embarrassed about slowing it down. Trust me, I've made the pride mistake. It tends to be painful.

3. I ride at a spirited pace, unless I eat too much BBQ and ice cream/pie, then it's a struggle to stay awake. My advice is: Don't follow me.

Ride your own ride, don't over-do it. Arkansas is a pain in the ass to get home from without your bike.

Make sure somebody (not me) has your emergency contact info just in case.

I'm happy to put these things together but you're all big-boys & girls act responsibly.

Once again... RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE.

That is all.
Awesome routes Marty!

I'm with you...great warning to riders to "man up"!

Sorry that fucking Zilla can't show though...DANG IT!

Yes ^this^ Prestone.

or

Awesome! Thanks for straightening me out on that one. :) I did remember the 45 minute wait correctly though. Sometimes you hit it at the perfect moment and other times you just sit and enjoy the lake smell. :lol:

Yes ^this^ Prestone.

or

Awesome! Thanks for straightening me out on that one.
smile.png
I did remember the 45 minute wait correctly though. Sometimes you hit it at the perfect moment and other times you just sit and enjoy the lake smell.
laugh.png

Yep - and (like someone else said) they don't run if it's foggy.

Ok boys and girls. As Zzzip pointed out, I have to cancel my trip. There is just way too much going on here for me to be gone. I was pumped to go. Hell, I changed the oil in my bike yesterday, I had plans to install my new tires on Sunday, and I got my seats back from Spencer. Then it went to shit.

Keep your TVs on next week, because Albuquerque may be all over it. We have a massive trial ending, which should spark some protests. I guess we'll see.

You guys have fun. I'm hoping next year works out better. :(

Ok boys and girls. As Zzzip pointed out, I have to cancel my trip. There is just way too much going on here for me to be gone. I was pumped to go. Hell, I changed the oil in my bike yesterday, I had plans to install my new tires on Sunday, and I got my seats back from Spencer. Then it went to shit.Keep your TVs on next week, because Albuquerque may be all over it. We have a massive trial ending, which should spark some protests. I guess we'll see.

You guys have fun. I'm hoping next year works out better. :(
FOCK!!

Ok boys and girls. As Zzzip pointed out, I have to cancel my trip. There is just way too much going on here for me to be gone. I was pumped to go. Hell, I changed the oil in my bike yesterday, I had plans to install my new tires on Sunday, and I got my seats back from Spencer. Then it went to shit.
Keep your TVs on next week, because Albuquerque may be all over it. We have a massive trial ending, which should spark some protests. I guess we'll see.

You guys have fun. I'm hoping next year works out better.
sad.png
Here's hoping it turns into a massive non-event.

Yeah, you'll make next year.

Next year I'll route through ABQ, and drag you back here with me.
fuck.gif

Sorry to hear that Zilla, I was looking forward to finally meeting you.
Yeah, you've never met him, have you?
:D

EDIT: J/k obviously...

Sorry you can't make Hooterville Zilla...We will just have to leave rubber material all over those sticky Arky roads without you.

Sorry to hear that Zilla, I was looking forward to finally meeting you.
Yeah, you've never met him, have you? :D

EDIT: J/k obviously...

Sorry you can't make Hooterville Zilla...We will just have to leave rubber material all over those sticky Arky roads without you.
Bastards...This sucks!! Work isn't the only obstacles. Life just got in the way. Too much going on and too much money out the door to really afford it right now anyway. I was willing to push past that, but the increasing issues threatening the safety of my teams say I cannot leave. I'm hoping Airboss is right and it's all a bunch of talk.

I'll know soon enough.