Hooterville 2016 - Oct. 6-9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you guys have a safe, enjoyable ride !!

I will be there that weekend, but with a different group and at a different hotel.....matter of fact, it is the Quality Inn, just down the street from you guys, near the Dixie Café.

For the past 5 or so years, I have met up and ridden with a group of Goldwing riding friends the 2nd weekend of October. . I met these folks when I had a Wing, and despite now being on a different brand, I still look forward to meeting up with friends.

THIS year, my older son is riding his new to him bike.......his last three trips to Arkansas, he was on a Yamaha V-Star.....THIS time around he is on a Ninja 1000.....

His younger brother has a Wee-strom, and this is his very FIRST trip to Arkansas....

While I know I cannot control their bikes, I need to be in front of them, to keep them from overestimating their skills as best I can.

My place is with my kids.....so if you see a mixed group of bikes (Gold in color wing, a '14 FJR, a '16 FJR, a Blk Ninja, a silver Can Am and know knows what else in our little group), give us a wave !!

I would suspect there will be 40-50 bikes at the Goldwing event.........and just an FYI.....this is also the Inaugural "Ride the Ozarks" Rally.......I am thinking there are going to be a lot of cruisers in the area.....just a heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something about new tires coupled with a round-about before even reaching the highway wasn't it Allen?

I think the roundabout was 200 yards from his house on a chilly morning. But he still was at the meeting point on time!!!

I always give my new tires a good wash with soapy water until they are squeaky clean, and a good rinse with plain water.... gets rid of tire lube and any mold release...... a gentle scrub-in and good to go. Roundabouts and on-ramps always need caution due to scrubbed off rubber, sand, etc. from cager traffic especially if damp or wet.

Well... that fun thought was short lived... my kids band got a short notice gig for a chili fest and I have to help out. I've missed a lot of riding the last couple of years, but ( like csi ) , I need to be with the kids right now.

Hope everyone has a great time and safe ride. See ya next time ... maybe...

Well... that fun thought was short lived... my kids band got a short notice gig for a chili fest and I have to help out. I've missed a lot of riding the last couple of years, but ( like csi ) , I need to be with the kids right now.

Hope everyone has a great time and safe ride. See ya next time ... maybe...
Sorry to miss you this time...I don't know how many Hootervilles I'm doing in the future, but I thought I would do this one for ole times sake.

I need one last time on AR 16...

See ya next time ... maybe...
I do hope so...I never got to take a ride your bike last year.
smile.png

Hope to see you soon.

Forecast for Harrison this week

Thu

mostly-sunny.png

Oct 6

Mostly Sunny

87° 61° 10% S 10 mph 62% 6 of 10 7:12 am 6:48 pm 12:05 pm 10:35 pm Fri

partly-cloudy.png

Oct 7

AM Clouds/PM Sun

76° 48° 20% N 10 mph 69% 4 of 10 7:12 am 6:46 pm 12:56 pm 11:22 pm Sat

sunny.png

Oct 8

Sunny

73° 46° 0% NNE 10 mph 44% 6 of 10 7:13 am 6:45 pm 1:45 pm -- Sun

mostly-sunny.png

Oct 9

Mostly Sunny

76° 49° 0% ESE 6 mph 44% 6 of 10

7:14 am

Leaving right from work at 5:30 EDT...meeting griff in NC for the ride over. Will get part way over tonight so we don't have 800 miles to do in one day on the way in to Hooterville.

C'mon 5:30!

Dammittall. Due to my inability to attend, this thread has become depressing. Went through Mountain Home during the BMRx, and will be thinking about all y'all throughout the weekend.

Ride well, ladies and gentlemen!

<weeping quietly>

Gramps and Oface met up at my place at noon and are headed south holding hands as they ride. Kind of like that advertisement photo in the bike mags.
smile.png

I'm back in. The hurricane has caused me to cancel my travel and obligation in Florida. Getting in late morning on Friday. Likely camp out there where Grunt and Bseel will be unless I can find a deal on a room or room share at this late date. Catch up with you all at some point then...

Gramps and Oface met up at my place at noon and are headed south holding hands as they ride. Kind of like that advertisement photo in the bike mags.
smile.png
I'm not sure what kinda gay biker magazines you read Skip...but that doesn't sound like gramps.
Actually I think I saw it in an Aero****** catalog, and you know how persuasive O can be.
rolleyes.gif

I'm back in. The hurricane has caused me to cancel my travel and obligation in Florida. Getting in late morning on Friday. Likely camp out there where Grunt and Bseel will be unless I can find a deal on a room or room share at this late date. Catch up with you all at some point then...
Just got here and half set up. Space 23 red fjr

All packed, routes loaded up on gps, tires aired up, now I just need to sleep and wake up in the morning to start the ride out!