Hooterville 2016 - Oct. 6-9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It supposed to have started today I just rode the 123 and 7 all the way to Russellville ...7 has some road construction,not bad at all... couple of sleds but no one in the way
I'll be out and about on the ZRX. If you see a really old dude on a really old ZRX -- be kind ;)

Warning! I rode Hwy 123 south of Pelsor (Sand Gap on many maps) Wednesday, and many miles of it are freshly graveled. North of Pelsor is still excellent.

....the youngins seemed to be the ones who closed down the parking lot. And yet were the ones who also were the first out of the lot this morning.... Lol.

them there youngsters.... goodness.

8:30pm and all the old farts are in bed already. Wtf?!
Are you and what's his name still in the honeymoon suite? You guys have been in there all night! Give it a rest already.
Jeez, when I went by there an hour ago, there were strange loud noises. I don't wanna know what was going on in there, but seemed what's his name was enjoying it.

8:30pm and all the old farts are in bed already. Wtf?!
Are you and what's his name still in the honeymoon suite? You guys have been in there all night! Give it a rest already.
Sorry...pwi. you buy one bottle of hooch after 30 years and it bites you.

My body is on eastern time and I get a little cranky when youngsters call me old... :D

FYI, Frank's Hickory House BBQ on the Push Mountain route is CLOSED on the weekends!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a call this morning from Brandon asking about my stator repair with JB-Weld Steelstik. Two bikes down on a mossy road. Everyone is okay, but the bike stator took a hit from footpeg that swung in from the Canyon Cages. Word is, even the people helping to pick up the bike could barely stand on that mossy road. I think the repair will hold as long as needed but sorry about the bikes down.

I had a call this morning from Brandon asking about my stator repair with JB-Weld Steelstik. Two bikes down on a mossy road. Everyone is okay, but the bike stator took a hit from footpeg that swung in from the Canyon Cages. Word is, even the people helping to pick up the bike could barely stand on that mossy road. I think the repair will hold as long as needed but sorry about the bikes down.
I'm sorry to hear of that problem and am very glad everyone's OK. May I ask where it was? I'd like to warn our local riders.

I'm sorry to hear of that problem and am very glad everyone's OK. May I ask where it was? I'd like to warn our local riders.
It was in Yellville. Just stay on the main roads, and you won't have a problem. If you go through some residential roads to get around the turkey parade traffic.... then you will have troubles.

Or another option- just dont go through any water. smh.

Julie beat me to it. She should know since she was the other rider that went down. Apparently they were using a side-road in town to avoid a parade or event, and that road has running water on it most of the time, so green and slimy.

There has been too much excitement for me on this trip..... smh

d27d47d7-c4c7-48ec-b85a-1586b443553f_zpsgoxdhu6g.png

ba83fbbc-3447-4154-aeb6-b1d3489bc115_zpsh5leijmy.png

2 bikes down.....

It was in Yellville. Just stay on the main roads, and you won't have a problem. If you go through some residential roads to get around the turkey parade traffic.... then you will have troubles.

Or another option- just dont go through any water. smh.
Ah. OK. I've had the old water-over-the-road-green-slimey thing catch me as well. I just couldn't imagine a main road in that shape. Many thanks.

Just saw them both. All is well other than some broken plastics and pride but they were laughing about the biff.

Bout ready to get my drink on!!

yeah. what he said. ^^^^ We will be fine. The 12 hr ride tomorrow should be good for the mind.... but unpleasant for the body.

yeah. what he said. ^^^^ We will be fine. The 12 hr ride tomorrow should be good for the mind.... but unpleasant for the body.
Motrin is your friend when the body is sore. Very pleased to read it was just a slip in the wet and you are both ok. Considering no one was seriously you got easy.....be happy!

I was amazed at the lack of serious damage. Those Canyon Cages really are worth every penny.

Last edited by a moderator: