IBR Pilgrimage Begins

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colin24

IBA# 446
Reaction score
Hey all. Can't speak for anyone else. But as of Saturday morning I am on the road and heading for the start line in Seattle.

Currently I am an hour west of Sudbury Ontario and will be running over the top of Lake Superior tomorrow. Hope to swing by the Aerostich warehouse in Duluth on monday. Carry on across the northern states and get to Seattle by Thursday night.

For those that are interested. Here's the SPOTWalla page for the trip out. (Note, this page will not display data during the IBR itself)

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=2f924df40cc5c5757

I also know of one other FJR mounted IBR entrant heading out the same way as me. But he is about half a day ahead of me last I heard.

Any other FJR riders beginning their ride to the start?

- Colin

I left Minneapolis around 10:30 this morning. I'm in Billings, MT for the night. Going to try to get to close to Pasco, WA tomorrow to set up camp and work from there until Thursday morning to save a few days of vacation. It was quite depressing when I got on I-94 this morning and my GPS that was routing the fastest route to Pasco told me to exit in 1350 miles. I ran I-94 all day today, 350 miles of that left before I pull off in Missoula for Lolo Pass and enjoy the last few hundred miles.

I'll see you in a few days.

As if you didn't call me, you could've spent the night here and I would've fired up the BBQ for a great steak (ask, Moosehead, FJRRob1300, Huron52 or BugR about my BBQ steak skills :)

Ah well, next time. Ride safe, have a great rally, you know were pulling hard for all the entire Ontario contingent!

I leave on Tuesday from Sth. CA.

Appointment for tires on Thursday morning in WA, then staying with friends close to Seattle.

See you guys Friday.

tel

I've been preoccupied with various stuff this year and not paying as close attention to the IBR as I would like. With that said, the very best of luck to all the FJR-IBR contingent this year...safe travels, best of luck, I hope everyone achieves their goals for the Big Dance. Most importantly, come home safe and enjoy the experience. :yahoo:

I just stopped in Winnipeg, Manitoba for the night. This morning it was 33 degrees for the first 3 hours of the ride. Saw 2 moose, 3 bear and I lost track of the number of deer in northern Ontario. Big animals everywhere! Will be in Pasco, WA early Wed morning for tire/oil change before heading to Seattle on Thurs. See you all soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just stopped in Winnipeg, Manitoba for the night. This morning it was 33 degrees for the first 3 hours of the ride. Saw 2 moose, 3 bear and I lost track of the number of deer in northern Ontario. Big animals everywhere! Will be in Pasco, WA early Wed morning for tire/oil change before heading to Seattle on Thurs. See you all soon.
I did a ride up to Terrace Bay a few weeks ago. 1 bear, 4 moose on the trip up. Didn't see any on the way back, mostly because it was so foggy I was going 20km/h with my 4 ways on for the first part, second part I was riding with a Harley with pipes so loud every animal within 21 miles heard us coming.

Very nice. Might just have to take off Thursday or Friday (or both) to say hello to everyone.

Let me know if any of you need any supplies or tools at the start point. I'd be happy to bring anything down that way.

Had a really good day yesterday. Using the Aux tank I was able to roll from Sault Ste Marie to Thunder Bay (700 km - 430 miles) without stopping for Gas. Sweet!

In Duluth now. Hitting the 'stich store this morning then carrying on westward.

- Colin

Good luck all!

I'll be at the IBR checkpoint #2 Jax, FL; if there's anything I can do to help - within the rules of course - don't hesitate to PM me.

Ride safe!

In case anyone is wondering why all the Pasco, WA stops.... Ignacio has graciously offered up his abode to IBR entrants to swing by, stay the nite and have some Iggy BBQ, all this while Iggy uses his No-Mar machine to mount up proper MOTORCYCLE tires for them for this event! B)

At last count, Iggy had 6 or 7 IBR Entrants swinging by his place.... all but one riding the FJR. There is also one BMW guy swinging by Matt's place, so Iggy stocked up on extra final drive fluid. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is also one BMW guy swinging by Matt's place, so Iggy stocked up on extra final drive fluid. ;)
no-kool-aid-298x300.gif

In case anyone is wondering why all the Pasco, WA stops.... Ignacio has graciously offered up his abode to IBR entrants to swing by, stay the nite and have some Iggy BBQ, all this while Iggy uses his No-Mar machine to mount up proper MOTORCYCLE tires for them for this event! B)

At last count, Iggy had 6 or 7 IBR Entrants swinging by his place.... all but one riding the FJR. There is also one BMW guy swinging by Matt's place, so Iggy stocked up on extra final drive fluid. ;)
That is cool. I have 5 FJR's and 1 BMW lined up to put new skins on at the end of the rally :D I'm looking forward to using my No mar and hearing the battle stories.

Good luck to everyone and have a safe ride.

If Matt needs more room, my travel trailer (or upstairs bonus room with shower) is available to any IBR rider in need.

Dave