If there was one album, to make everyone here listen to, what would it be?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SoCal, I'm a major fan of Rhythm and Blues. I think that's why that song rubs me the right way. When I hear it, and that's often. My head violently bobs back and forth like those Saturday Night Live guys use to do! Lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
Wheaton, You interested? Ohhh Baby! Stand by for some suggestions. I have a 12 hr ride back and forth to Greensboro, NC this weekend. I'll come up with a few to get you stated. It covers a broad spectrum. I'll start you at R&B 101. :)

SoCal, I'm a major fan of Rhythm and Blues. I think that's why that song rubs me the right way. When I hear it, and that's often. My head violently bobs back and forth like those Saturday Night Live guys use to do! Lmao
I like The J Geils Band and Black Crowes and old Aerosmith (not the Love in an Elevator stuff) and Stevie Ray Vaughn for Blues Rock.

Without a doubt, hands down, no holds barred. John Mayall, the Bluesbreakers, "California" from the album The Turning Point

Here is the lineup form the 1969 Newport Jazz Festival! He played Saturday night, under the stars. It is a nine minute song and after the first minute, there was no other sound but music. It was written by a drummer, but it has no drums. The sax is everything.

A lot of good music that weekend!!

https://www.newportjazzfest.net/index.php?pID=5415&lt2=2

I'm echoing the old and white comments...I too am a child of 80's music, and worked as a DJ for a while right out of high school (mobile; did mostly proms, grad nights and some private parties).
My tastes now run to more creative stuff, and there are a few I haven't seen mentioned, along with my personal favorites:

Rush

Dream Theater

Porcupine Tree

Muse

Cage the Elephant

30 Seconds to Mars

Shinedown

System of a Down

Nirvana

Pearl Jam

Soundgarden

Stone Temple Pilots

Amy Winehouse

Audioslave

the B-52s

Beastie Boys

Beck

CandleBox

Chris Weaver Band (new up and coming rock/blues group, saw them play a corporate event)

Daughtry

Death Cab for Cutie

Kings of Leon

Kid Rock

THe Killers

Rusted Root

Emeli Sande

OK Go

The Offspring

I currently have over 24K tracks in my iTunes library...and I'm just scratching the surface here!

Crap, forgot Oingo Boingo!
Also forgot Black Stone Cherry. They are a southern rock band along the lines of Skynrd.

David Lee Roth - The Best

(not saying he's the best... it's the album title...and it is very very good)

Ask me tomorrow and I will give you a different answer... there is so much good music out there.

Gary, the only logic in judging by popularity leaves you with one undeniable fact.....

McDonald's makes the most popular hamburger on the planet.

Personally, I wouldn't wipe my butt with one. Eat one????? I'd rather listen to "Thriller".
Now that's funny.

Thought of another one.

Crystal Method, "Legion of Boom".

This one is for riding.....FAST.....VERY FAST!

Was that pick one album or pick a list? Any day, any time, the one that always brings me back is "Boogie with Canned Heat"

I think that's one.

Thought of another one.Crystal Method, "Legion of Boom".

This one is for riding.....FAST.....VERY FAST!

Awwww Holy Hell...I forgot about TCM. I have the Vegas album and love it. I just spent 1.5 hours listening to LOB and downloading it. Holy crap...That album rocks.

On that same note, I can't believe I forgot Rammestein. That's music that also causes speeding. If I sped. Lol

No way I could limit anyone to one album BUT if you haven't listened to Joe Bonamassa and like blues I would suggest Blues Deluxe or any one of his studio or Live albums.

Next would be stuff by Samantha Fish and Girls with Guitars.

Now if you liked the Grunge era, Mad Season has a Deluxe Edition that's good.

. Fish, not Fox for pete's sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
On that same note, I can't believe I forgot Rammestein. That's music that also causes speeding. If I sped. Lol
Truer words... I used to glance at the speedo when I listened to them. I had to stop looking because it ruined the ride. I have several friends who share the same affliction.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Surly" data-cid="1106456" data-time="1384397500"><p>

James Taylor, the early stuff.</p></blockquote>

He's ok when I have insomnia. Haha

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="DrWing" data-cid="1110329" data-time="1386122234"><p>

Was that pick one album or pick a list? Any day, any time, the one that always brings me back is "Boogie with Canned Heat"<br />

<br />

I think that's one.</p></blockquote>

Good choice. I have not heard that in 30 years.