Is 225 an OK Price for an Audiovox Cruise?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moon Man

Reaction score
We all know that the cc-100 is impossible to find right now. I have a guy that will send me a brand new one for 225 shipped, should I bite? On one hand I can get a rostro electric for that, on the other hand, EVERYONE has the CC-100 and its a known entity so to speak.

Would I be crazy to pay that, or is it just a sign of the times? All the rostro reviews i read say it is BIG, hard to install, and a bit jerky.

This is the only the new CC-100 that i have been able to find. Should I do it?

I have a shattered hand/wrist from an altercation a few years back (dont ask), and anything over 50 miles of so is tough on the wrist, i have a throttlemeister but i am hitting the blue ridge area this month and that will not cut it in the hills.

I've got more or less the same question - although one seller on ebay is trying to get nearly $450 for one. There's also a "Buy-it-Now" for $299. Kind of suicks when they were under $100 brand new a year ago.

Has anyone installed the electronic audiovox version, or are there any walkthroughs on other models?

Thanks.

We all know that the cc-100 is impossible to find right now. I have a guy that will send me a brand new one for 225 shipped, should I bite? On one hand I can get a rostro electric for that, on the other hand, EVERYONE has the CC-100 and its a known entity so to speak.
Would I be crazy to pay that, or is it just a sign of the times? All the rostro reviews i read say it is BIG, hard to install, and a bit jerky.

I have a shattered hand/wrist from an altercation a few years back (dont ask), and anything over 50 miles of so is tough on the wrist, i have a throttlemeister but i am hitting the blue ridge area this month and that will not cut it in the hills.

Keep searching, Audiovoc CCs are out there. I got one last month for $123. The place is now out of stock. I googled Audiovox cruise control and came up with several sites that have them. They are out there just harder to find than an honest politician.

Silly Audiovox, they stop making them when they just coulda doubled the price, guess they didn't need the money. :blink:

I don't always have great timing but sure glad I got mine last year. It was less than a year ago--I paid about 100 for it--and there were many places to choose from. Supply and Demand economics!

I don't always have great timing but sure glad I got mine last year. It was less than a year ago--I paid about 100 for it--and there were many places to choose from. Supply and Demand economics!
I didn't now audiovox had quit making these. Does this mean the one I took off my bike because I never used it is worth like $200?

I've got more or less the same question - although one seller on ebay is trying to get nearly $450 for one. There's also a "Buy-it-Now" for $299. Kind of suicks when they were under $100 brand new a year ago.
Has anyone installed the electronic audiovox version, or are there any walkthroughs on other models?

Thanks.

I can tell you what i know:

The PPM (pulses per minute) coming out of the VSS on the FJR are too high for many electronic modules to read, the CC 100 can go off of coil pulses instead of VSS so that is why it is easier. There are two options: 1 - You can make an electrical circuit that divides the signal by 4, but no one has posted instructions for how. 2 - You can attach a magnet to your wheel or inside of a rotor bolt to get the speed and read it like a bicycle computer.

The electric module is too big to fit in the FJR without using up the tool box, one guy split the unit in half and put it up by the headlights. Not easy but doable.

If you end up going for the Rostra, let me know and i will hunt the links down and post them here. The guy on ebay that listed for 400+ said he would do much less when i made him an offer. But still over 200. I might have a lead on a unit from another forum member, but if that falls through and you are interested I might be able to get us both the deal from the guy on ebay, at least then it's still cheaper and easier to install than the Rostra.

I have searched the ends of the earth and I cannot find one for under 200 bucks. Last month MANY were to be had. After spending a full 4-6 hours researching this there were a bunch of sports car and motorcycle forums that got keen on the end of life and began snarfing them up.

Also, someone contacted audiovox and the factory that manufactures these went out of business, and they have not found a replacement. So they didn't just decide to end the product line, or at least so they say...

I didn't now audiovox had quit making these. Does this mean the one I took off my bike because I never used it is worth like $200?
Used, probably more like 100-150, but new and opened units are certainly going for 175ish.

$94, and in stock according to the page:

https://www.carparts.com/AUDIOVOX-ELECTRONI...23126_10618.car

Possibly an investment opportunity for those who don't mind taking advantage of those who don't know how to or are too lazy to do research. If you do decide to buy a boatload and profiteer, I would appreciate receiving 15% of the profits for having made the suggestion and providing the source. Might lessen the sting of having lost most of my net worth to my ex, while being saddled with costs and sole custody of the kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep searching, Audiovoc CCs are out there. I got one last month for $123. The place is now out of stock. I googled Audiovox cruise control and came up with several sites that have them. They are out there just harder to find than an honest politician.

same here. Last july, I got mine off Murphs kits for around 130 shipped to montreal. Glad I did!

Good luck and keep shopping

Possibly an investment opportunity for those who don't mind taking advantage of those who don't know how to or are too lazy to do research. If you do decide to buy a boatload and profiteer, I would appreciate receiving 15% of the profits for having made the suggestion and providing the source. Might lessen the sting of having lost most of my net worth to my ex, while being saddled with costs and sole custody of the kids.

It says they are in stock but they are sold out as of the 3rd or 4th. I tried to order 2 of them 3 days ago.

It says they are in stock but they are sold out as of the 3rd or 4th. I tried to order 2 of them 3 days ago.
Go ahead and try to order it... Doesn't work :( same story everywhere else.

Here's a deal: I'll sell you mine, brand new and already installed with trick mount. $14,000.00. Price includes '08 FJR.

image003-4.jpg

Glad I got mine when I did. Had them on Amazon a couple of weeks ago for $150 shipped. Looks like they are sold out now. Now I just need to install it....

Got mine brand new less the control (I figured i'd install a custom switch anyway) for 75 last month. Just missed a complete new package with extra tubing, positaps, relays, etc... for $108. I had a limit of $150 in my head for a complete unit. Any more than that and I was going to go with the Rostra electronic (Rostra was/is the manufacturer of the Audiovox products). It has been successfully installed by a member of this forum and I'm lead to believe it is a relatively easy install. At ~$160 (+ control, but if you recall, I'm planning on a custom control anyway) it seemed like a no brainer to me to go with newer tech rather than spend way too much for old, albeit tried and true, tech.

I just bought a massively overpriced AVCC off ebay and am going through the walkthroughs. Now I just need a free weekend to dive in.

Has anyone in the Chapel Hill, NC area done this mod on a 2006 AE?

I'm pretty confortable with mechanicals, but wouldn't mind another set of expeienced eyes.

I just bought a massively overpriced AVCC off ebay and am going through the walkthroughs. Now I just need a free weekend to dive in.
Has anyone in the Chapel Hill, NC area done this mod on a 2006 AE?

I'm pretty confortable with mechanicals, but wouldn't mind another set of expeienced eyes.
I am going to be installing mine next week. I was thinking of taking video but don't know if it would be worth it since they are not selling many. There is a very good chance that I will be in the Raleigh area in late March visiting some family and riding with my pops. So if you have tools, you could show me some roads during the day and we could install it at night. I'll shoot you a PM if I end up going.