Joe Rocket Meteor Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meosborn

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Joe Rocket Meteor boot. newenough.com has a good price on them and they seem to have the features I'm looking for. Going with the "You get what you pay for" then maybe I should stay away from them since they are just about the cheapest that I've found but Joe Rocket seems to make pretty good stuff.

Any thoughts?

Mark

I bought these from newenough last winter. I wear them all the time and love 'em. They are super easy to get into and out of. Support and fit are great. They also fit under my jeans or under my riding pants without being bulky. The ones I ordered were a tad too big, so I had to return them and get the smaller size - newenough is super-easy to work with and the trade was painless - except for the wait - but it was january in NE OH so I wasn't going to be riding anytime soon anyway. The size ran true for me - same size as my sneaks... These are however, not walking around boots. For me, they're OK to get from the parking lot into work (keep an extra pair of shoes in my desk). Walked around a local bike night with them on, it was OK, but I wouldn't want to go much farther.

I give them an 9 out of 10...

I considered the Joe Rocket Meteors at New Enough . . . but opted to spend a little more and get a pair of Oxtar Infinity's - Oxtar changed their product name to TCX . . . . same exact boot. You may want to consider the X-Fives or Synergy Tourings boots. I can walk aroundies all day long in my Infinities because they are so comfortable - the gortex is nice to - and the CE rated armour is a HUGE plus.

https://www.newenough.com/boots/all_types/tcx/

Bought a pair of the Rockets and they are OK for riding, but I didn't like them at all for walking which is a common thing for a tourist tourer and PGR Ride Captain.

I do believe you get what you pay for in footwear.

I am now a SIDI fan and have had two pairs of the Air Champion Summer boots for my deep south climate over 5 years. Rarely a need for waterproof footwear and when it rains in cooler weather, I wear a pair of SealSkinz waterproof sox under the boots.

SIDI for me and others that have them are a superior boot and I can wear mine all day. I hiked around Wash DC all day and into the evening with continual comfort.

SIDI Tepor line is a big bang for the buck

I do believe you get what you pay for in footwear.
Usually true for most things I think. Unfortunately, I have to make concessions a lot of the time. Pretty much the only reason my wife is driving a VW instead of a Mercedes.

Another factor is that I'm not too excited about having a boot that is fastened with a zipper. Seems like a weak link to me. Not to mention that a lot of them have the zipper covered by a flap that is fastened with velcro. I have a pair of 6 year old First Gear boots that fasten similarly to the Meteors but use velcro for the strap instead of a buckle. The velcro on the strap is the main point of failure. The large piece of velcro at the top seams to get less wear.

The walking comfort does seem to be a cause for concern though. I just need to decide how much I value that.