July 2016 Pac Northwest Trip: Wheaton with wifey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just throwing this out there, what about hitting up the Red Lodge gathering, then continuing on your trip..... Gets you into BC first part of July....
BTW, first week of July 2007, WA and BC were baking in a 3 week heat wave, around 100F... I rode up thru WA to BC in 102F. A guy at a gas station said, you shoulda been here last Tuesday it was 106.
Nice to see RaYzerman19 sober for a change, but this Toronto Maple Leafs Lover is right. Don't miss the Red Lodge Rendezvous, it will be a blast eh! JSNS, Beauty!

3efefbe6cb8ca0990844ff4255a4d7b5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, you might want to look at RaYzerman19's avatar.
John d I know Ray uses a Detroit Red Wings avatar, but he is in the closet regarding the Leafs. A good source says he's for Toronto all the way (FJRob1300, eh!). JSNS, Hosers!

d996eca4ea8450330d1c524c85f10dd9.jpg

As awesome as that gathering will be. Although I wish I was going to be there...it will not happen this time. If it was just me, I would certainly work that in to the trip.

But this trip is with wifey, I only have a certain amount of vacation time and a more limited radius of operation. It's called economics. I have to choose which great places we get to visit. It's hard sometimes.

I also want to thank those that have offered publicly and privately assistance to me and wifey for this trip. Y'all are generous people.

As awesome as that gathering will be. Although I wish I was going to be there...it will not happen this time. If it was just me, I would certainly work that in to the trip.
But this trip is with wifey, I only have a certain amount of vacation time and a more limited radius of operation. It's called economics. I have to choose which great places we get to visit. It's hard sometimes.
You know this is going to break HotRodZilla's Black Heart, don't you? AJ will cry himself to sleep for months knowing you won't be in MT or at NAFO! JSNS, ese!

Don, not going to NAFO, not going to Red Lodge...but if all goes well, wifey and I will visit the Pacific Northwest. People have been generous with offers of help in PMs and in the thread. The question is only whether we are going to visit BC...or NorCal along with the northwest.

I would really be sad if we can't visit NorCal on this trip...but that is what planning is for...see what's out there, and how big a bite you can chew off and still enjoy the trip.

Don, not going to NAFO, not going to Red Lodge...but if all goes well, wifey and I will visit the Pacific Northwest. People have been generous with offers of help in PMs and in the thread. The question is only whether we are going to visit BC...or NorCal along with the northwest.

I would really be sad if we can't visit NorCal on this trip...but that is what planning is for...see what's out there, and how big a bite you can chew off and still enjoy the trip.
If you do wind up going to Northern California in July let me know, Miss Donna is from the Bay Area and this would be a second reason to visit her Family!

Old Michael, Laura O'Keeffe, Roger, Deb, Don, Donna and Others are going to Dublin in September, would give us a face to face Ireland planning session!

fbd14c6409bdcebdc206004c1fe43148_%5B457x0%5D-2.jpg

Thanks to all who have sent PMs...I will look further into what possible itinerary we would have. We will try to leave late enough in July so those attending the Red Bluff gathering will be back in town...but before people head out to NAFO.

Marky Mark we have lots of space here for you and wifey and we are surrounded by tasty touring routes. Tall Timber Ale too - JS&NS!

I will need some OR/WA road ideas. I'm sure Wifey will want to see the Crater Lake, Hood, St Helens, and Mt Rainier...and a little time along the coast I'm sure. I guess I will look at past PacNorthwest gatherings for ideas.

I have a brother in Pullman, in far eastern WA, so I'm sure we may swing that way before heading north to Castlegar or Nelson, or Nakusp...

I will need some OR/WA road ideas. I'm sure Wifey will want to see the Crater Lake, Hood, St Helens, and Mt Rainier...and a little time along the coast I'm sure. I guess I will look at past PacNorthwest gatherings for ideas.
I have a brother in Pullman, in far eastern WA, so I'm sure we may swing that way before heading north to Castlegar or Nelson, or Nakusp...
You might ping AuburnFJR - he and his wife were very kind to me and some of my friends when we were up that way and let us stay in their fifth wheel (there were five of us so not enough room in the main house but the 5th wheel was really nice and they fully stocked the fridge for us and fed us dinner a couple of nights too! B) ).

Thanks Tyler...I know the NW crew know the good roads and places to visit. So I will definitely listen to any advice they have...and hopefully get to ride with a few.

Mark, once you figure out what you and SO want to see, dig out some maps and we'll spend 30 minutes on the phone.

Do you have a feel for how many miles you're wanting to do over the two weeks? Also depending on your routing, temperatures could range from cold/moderate on the coast to blazing HOT inland. Plan accordingly!

--G