Just Ordered Personalised Plate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my FJR I have "FJRE" as my initials are JRE.

On my 1999 BMW Z3 Coupe I have..what else? "Z COUPE"

My other cars have generic plates.

had a pp on my camaro back in the 80's. not had one since. far to easy for someone to remember real words than the state-issued random ones. :whistle:
So why is that a bad thing? Personalized plates being more expensive and all, isn't having people remember them the whole point? Just wondering if I need to get rid of my personalized plates.

RMBLN on the FJR and DONT CRY on my SAAB with a Just SAAB license plate holder so together it says Don't cry, Just SAAB.

"He was driving like a MAD MAN officer, and he had a personalized plate... it was easy to remember"

or

"Hey, I've seen that bike before... yea, i remember the plate... he's the asshole that blew by me on one wheel when I was picking up my kids at daycare.. i think I'll go have a word with him."

Personally, I always drive the speed limit, full MSF attitude, ATGATT. but, sometimes i see someone around that has a bike just like mine, and he even has the same gear. If only one of us had a PP, then we could better differentiate the asshole (him) from the guy that only rides it to church (me). :rolleyes:

had a pp on my camaro back in the 80's. not had one since. far to easy for someone to remember real words than the state-issued random ones. :whistle:
So why is that a bad thing? Personalized plates being more expensive and all, isn't having people remember them the whole point? Just wondering if I need to get rid of my personalized plates.

RMBLN on the FJR and DONT CRY on my SAAB with a Just SAAB license plate holder so together it says Don't cry, Just SAAB.

"He was driving like a MAD MAN officer, and he had a personalized plate... it was easy to remember"

or

"Hey, I've seen that bike before... yea, i remember the plate... he's the asshole that blew by me on one wheel when I was picking up my kids at daycare.. i think I'll go have a word with him."

Personally, I always drive the speed limit, full MSF attitude, ATGATT. but, sometimes i see someone around that has a bike just like mine, and he even has the same gear. If only one of us had a PP, then we could better differentiate the asshole (him) from the guy that only rides it to church (me). :rolleyes:

Ohhh, you mean squid. I like my squid deep fried in a light tempura batter with marinara.

This is mine, it gets a ton of :blink:

100_21392.jpg

Yes there is a story, and yes it's a long one. No it's not the bank's and not it's not my wife's. :rolleyes:

In the great state of Delaware there's a lot of value (and status) assigned to 'low number' plates (our plates are all numeric, no letters). Anything 4 digit and below is generally valuable - a 3-digit straight number tag (not a M/C tag or a C (commercial) PC (pleasure/commercial) etc.) can easily sell for upwards of $20k. (Yes, you can sell your plates in Delaware). The "modified" tags (i.e. m/c, p/c etc.) are less valuable, but still. The last time a 2-digit tag sold in Delaware (15 years ago) it went for $89,000.

I'm fortunate enough to have a 4-digit number on my car (thanks to the in-laws) and a 4-digit P/C on my Jeep.

When I registered the M/C I started checking through DMV for available low numbers and managed to find my wife's birthday (M/C1224) so I got that for the FJR. I've had offers to buy it at bike shows/poker runs, but it would be hard to explain to the wife why I was so happy to have gotten her birthday, only to sell it to the first guy who offered me 4 grand.

So are you also a DINK Double Income No Kid's
Exactly... although, with Texas' burdensome school taxes, we do pay a nice chunk, ($475 monthly), to educate the children of others. Mixed feelings about that, but no thread hijacking needed... B)

GreyGoose-

No doubt, I'm in Ohio myself and being limited ti 5 characters sucks. I ended up going with FJR05 on my scoot. If you want that plate, I'm thinking about not renewing it next year and going back to an abbreviation of my last name like I had on my Harley. Let me know if you want it by chance and I'll let you know next year when it expires so you can head on down to the DMV.

GreyGoose-
No doubt, I'm in Ohio myself and being limited ti 5 characters sucks. I ended up going with FJR05 on my scoot. If you want that plate, I'm thinking about not renewing it next year and going back to an abbreviation of my last name like I had on my Harley. Let me know if you want it by chance and I'll let you know next year when it expires so you can head on down to the DMV.
thanx king,

i've got an 06. so your 05 plate doesnt work well. I wanted to put in for WDOMKR. Guess i better relocate....

GreyGoose

I can understand the desire to not have a "memorable" plate.

Folks rarely catch that mine is a personalized plate. When they do, I usually get a "huh?" :huh:

[SIZE=12pt]5N4K3[/SIZE]

Ordered mine a couple of weeks ago. Called the DMV in California to insure it was available. I'm getting FJRPILT for mine. Kind of surprised it was still available. :huh: I should see it in a month or so. :)

My co-worker has plates on his SUV that read STFU&DRV. He hates when people talk on cell phones and drive.

I'd love to put that on my bike.