Lift Table

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1catquak

Reaction score
Does anyone have their own motorcycle lift table? I'm getting tired of sitting on the ground like a dog when working on the bike. A lift table looks like the ultimate farkle for the serious farkler. I'm looking for any recommendations for manufactures or sellers. TIA

I have a friend who has this one, Handy Industries

It is awesome...I always make the 45 min trip to his house to do any work...I am saving up for one now...Because it is a little pricey at least for me....

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a group buy?

I bet we can get folks to save their backs, butts and knees, while saving money, too!

Handys been around a long time, they build good products! They even build Front and Rear track stands! Group Buy!

I've had a Handy for ten years. Great investment. I use it all the time. But it's a brute - it must weigh 500 lbs or more so you gotta have a dedicated space for it.

- Mark

I think this one looks nicer than the handy, but a little more money. I have never seen either close up so it is hard to determine build quality.

My Webpage

Group buy sounds good too.

this place offers them for sale.

I actually don't mind bending over. After all, it seems strangely appropriate considering the price of farkles on this goddamn thing... :eek:

I'm definitely interested in a group buy on a lift table. Keep the info coming.

I have a Direct lift, it was around $675. shipped.

bike lift

I don't know how I got by without it.. here is a pic.. just put some new rubber on.The rear wheel is on a balancing jig I made, it holds a Marc Parns static balancer...You will need air too..

6igt1t.jpg

the Harbor Freight Lift is not available in the stores.

I bought one over the phone and it is delivered via Yellow Freight to your curb at over 400lbs. So, I called Yellow and they let me come to the terminal in town, and they loaded it into my pickup truck for free instead :)

The table is GREAT! The tire vice works well. The back has a drop out panel for changing rear tires too. My only gripe is that the jack bleeds down. I'm sure that's not supposed to happen, and I need to call them about a warranty replacement on the jack. But, there's a safety bar, so I'm not worried. If I jack the bike up to full height, it will bleed down several inches to the safety stop, over the course of the day.

Aside from that, the lift is on wheels and though they tell you not to roll it around loaded... I do. No sweat at all, even with my old ST1100 on it @ 725lbs+. There's also an attached ramp at the back and some tie down points. It's an excellent lift, just el cheapo mfgr'ing in china or the like.

I paid $299 and $28.99 for shipping. Yes, it really is that cheap to ship!!!! HF has some smokin quantity shipper deal with Yellow Freight. It comes assembled, save wheels/vice attachment/stopper, and comes in a wooden crate.

If I left out any details, ask away.

Wal

I have a Direct lift, it was around $675. shipped.bike lift

I don't know how I got by without it.. here is a pic.. just put some new rubber on.The rear wheel is on a balancing jig I made, it holds a Marc Parns static balancer...You will need air too..

6igt1t.jpg
I looked at the Direct Lift site. They seem to have quality lifts at a reasonable price. How about posing the group buy question to them?

Just a couple of questions, as I will probably buy one from them, group buy or not. If the motorcycle does not have a center stand, would I have to buy their "lifting block" to change the rear tire, especially on the model that has the dropout panel at the rear? Would you be willing to share the instructions for you balancing jig, as I just purchased the same balancer as you have?

Thanks.

Looks to me like you could add a baxley Chock and leave your bike parked on it. That way it does not take space in the shop/garage that you are not already using.

I'm in for the group buy!

I actually don't mind bending over. After all, it seems strangely appropriate considering the price of farkles on this goddamn thing... :eek:
Hahahahaha!!!!

Maybe investing in some vaseline would be in order. :D

FYI - update.

My jack was low on hydraulic fluid. All better now. And yes, I do park my dirtbike on it, so it doesn't take up space in the garage :)

Wal

comleader, I made it out of some 1/2" tubing I had. I welded it up and put some silver paint on it. On the top is angle iron, that is where the balancer sits. I welded some 3/8" round stock on the bottom and drilled two holes in my lift. The hole are larger than the round stock, so it will lay over...here are some pic's. What is nice, you are not bending :unsure: over to balance your new rubber. Hope this helps..

6tgqs9.jpg

6tgr3l.jpg

6tgrd4.jpg