Lift Table

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you do a search on Kendon motorcycle trailer, think you can get there. I do remember they are based in SoCal. The unit is black in color and operates like their trailer which also folds up.

After a fair amount of research and one critical moment of weakness I ordered a lift from a Handy dealer in PA. I'll be broke for a while and it seems to force me into making a lifetime commitment into doing more of my own work but I went for it. I'll update the post after having some time with it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Morgan,

I'm in Ohio, so I am curious about the Handy dealer in Pa. Can you tell me where they are and a phone number or web page for them? How much for the Lift??

Rick M

It is was great humility that I post this note. I report SUBSTANTIAL DAMAGE done to my ego earlier today.

At 12:38 I was setting up my gem of a new lift. I had it delivered straight to the garage, but I learned, after unpacking it, that it was upside down. In my attempt to flip it over I dropped in on my foot.

:shock: :shout: :shout: :shout: :stunned:

I was lucky. The bone wasn't broken but every once of tissue on the top of my foot was crushed. I'll be out of action for a week.

I think I'll get help next time.

Sheesh, Mo, easy there guy! Sorry to hear about your plight.

If it were me, I'm sure my foot would have been fine, but I would have dropped a nut. Or my guts would have popped out of that inguinal hernia I have hanging over my, er, head. Either way, OUCH!!!!!!!

400 pounds, eh? Think I'll pass on that one for a while. Getting down on the floor is about the only excersize I'd get anyway. :lazy:

Yes, BUT IS THE LIFT OK ????

Sorry Mogan ;) , couldn't resist.. I'm guessing it was impossible to jump up and down while flinging your arms all around and cussing up a storm with your foot trapped under that thing, had to make it hurt all the more.

Really ego damaging part for me would have been yelling for the wife to come help me extricate myself.... <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from the Doc. He says I'm on my own in repairing the ego. Foot isn't broken but he won't know for a couple of weeks if there's permanent damage to the soft tissue. The buggar is the size of a soccer ball.

This is downright embarassing.

Sorry to hear about your plight Mogan! As noted earlier in this thread, I contacted the vendor for a group buy on a lift. I don't know if they would still be interested, as they seemed reluctant in the first place, and only want to deliver to a business or terminal.

If you are going to do your own maintenance, or have multiple bikes in your stable, it would be a good investment. And any investment labeled "good" has to be about quality too. I would come down on the side of one the higher priced models listed in the thread.

Already made the purchase decision. That's how my foot got into trouble. The Handy lift looks great, albeit in its upside down position.