Lift Table

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a couple of questions, as I will probably buy one from them, group buy or not. If the motorcycle does not have a center stand, would I have to buy their "lifting block" to change the rear tire, especially on the model that has the dropout panel at the rear?
It would be hard to get a bike on a center stand when it is on a lift. As soon as you put it on there, it would move backwards and be out of the front wheel clamp. What I do is lift the rear wheel up with a pit stand, and then I lower my center stand after the fronts clamped in... Or you can leave it on the pit stand for wheel removal..

lift

On the FJR the bike jack on my link above would work to raise the bike up enought to flip the center stand down... If anyone wants the measurements of the balancing stand let me know...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, smitty141! Yes, I would be interested in the dimensions of the balancer. I think I would try to make it a combo stand, i.e., mount on the lift or to a bracket on the floor.

By the way smitty, as you have the same balancer - couldn't I use it on my 929RR by just changing the rod (longer) and using the rest of the parts?

Mine is setup for the longer axle. I used the std. axle but on some wheels it was a little tight. I had the same trouble trying to balance my buddys TL1000R rear wheel. I called marc, and ordered a longer axle. I would think a 14" axle would work fine on your Honda. I will get the yard stick out, and let you know. Comleader, since you where the first to ask..I have enough tubing to make one more. If you like I will weld one up. It will be later next week. You pay for the shipping..If thats fair :D send me a pm with your phone # and name address ect... let me know how wide your axle is....Is there a certain color you like :bleh:

Using a 14" axle the outside measures 13-1/2". If you use a 12" axle make it 11 1/2". The two longest arms are 20". The piece in the middle is 12". Make it 10" with a 12" axle. The short piece is 4" from the bottom.. I used 3/4" square tubing, and the angle that the balancer sits on is 1 1/2"-1 1/2" maybe 1/8 thick, and 1" wide. The round stock I welded to the bottom is 3/8"dia. by 3" long. Just weld 1 1/2" of it to the tubing. I wish I had a better way to lay this out...(don't have photoshop). Anyone need more info send me a pm with your name and phone #, I will get back with you...
6tl09l.jpg

6tl2dk.jpg

Thanks for the offer! Shipping is more than fair. I think I will wait until I have the lift, then if you have any stock left or would be willing to build one, we can work out the price.

Any word on a group buy for the lift - anyone, anyone, Bueller, anyone?

I actually don't mind bending over. After all, it seems strangely appropriate considering the price of farkles on this goddamn thing... :eek:
I cann't say that I have ever really known somebody that enjoys being bend over........You are opening my horizons.

I talked with the supplier (Greg Smith Equipment) of smitty141's bike lift (Pro Cycle) and they are willing to do a group buy. Minimum number is 5 and the prices are as follows:

Pro-cycle standard - $575 (retail $595) plus shipping (approximately $130 - $140)

Pro-Cycle DT - $595 plus shipping (retail $695)

The best deal is obviously the DT, which has a 19.5" drop panel at the rear to facilitate rear wheel changes.

Check them out at www.gregsmithequipment.com

I'm ready to spring for a lift but don't want Chinese crap. I also need a shipper that can deliver to my garage (no pickup truck or 3 buddies on tap to unload or move).

Suggestions?

I've had a Handy for ten years. Great investment. I use it all the time. But it's a brute - it must weigh 500 lbs or more so you gotta have a dedicated space for it.
- Mark
Yeah, I've had mine since 1990. I"d sell my X before I'd get rid of it! Oh yeah, I did! lol If I was to get rid of it, I'd have to give up bikes then! It doubles as a work bench and I park my bike on it also. Very worth while investment!

I have a Handy. Love it. You'll find you have lots of friends you didn't know you had when you get one though. When I changed out the fork springs I backed it on, set the bike on the center stand, pushed down on the back end and clamped the rear tire in the vise, Sweet! ;)

Ooooh Smitty141! I like that very much!!!
What tyre is that?
Avons, baby!

And they are tIres! Crazy lower hemisphere islanders!!! :D

Comon boys everyone knows you yanks have fucked the english language long ago and you bastards still can't spell!!! :D
No, We IMPROVE everything. including the spelling! And how come you guys have a "Boxing Day" and there are no fights on that day? :blink: :huh: :eh: :erm: :confused:

:p :bleh: :p :p :bleh: :p

Comon boys everyone knows you yanks have fucked the english language long ago and you bastards still can't spell!!! :D
No, We IMPROVE everything. including the spelling! And how come you guys have a "Boxing Day" and there are no fights on that day? :blink: :huh: :eh: :erm: :confused:

Want a bet? :D

Want a bet? :D
Okay,

No PRO fights!

While I was in Vegas at the Bikefest, I looked at the Kendon lift table. They also make trailers for bikes (to ride on not for the bike to pull) They have a nice unit and it folds up vertically so it won't take up much space in the garage. At the Vegas H-D dealer, they used them to display bikes. Think I'm gonna ask Santa for it...

While I was in Vegas at the Bikefest, I looked at the Kendon lift table. They also make trailers for bikes (to ride on not for the bike to pull) They have a nice unit and it folds up vertically so it won't take up much space in the garage. At the Vegas H-D dealer, they used them to display bikes. Think I'm gonna ask Santa for it...
Got any pictures? How about price?