Maine Chowder / Sightseeing Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK. I'm here. The shopping queen is getting her fix. It is an excellent day. 80 ish and dry.
Come on guys, hurry up!
We got hung up by the guys putting the a/c in my new barn. We planned on leaving at 3 but it now looks like we'll be up there around dark.

George

Okay, friends, the last list I'd posted on March 20 had the following chowder riders, plus a couple of adds that I've now included. I know you'll forgive any mistakes here, but here's a strawman estimate which suggests about 22 participants:
Likely or confirmed:

08FJR4ME (Potentially part of the ride)

Axeman

Axeman's brother, Martin

Baddog

Baddog's buddy, Roberto

BigOgre

BigOgre's buddy, Dave

Canadian FJR (meeting in Freeport on Friday night)

Charlie Hoss

ChrisW (May join locally)

cota95

cota95's spouse, Marcia

De Oppresso Libero (Sat, Sun?)

dll

FJReady (Friday)

Fred W

herfjr

ionbeam (Potentially part of the ride)

MEM

S76

zip

Zooomm

Maybes, but I can't tell:

Aldawg?

bluejag

Harvey

Nikk

ShinyPartsUp

Sullivan

Taz1300

And I really don't want to say anything to blow the no-hitter, but the eather-way is looking pretty amned-day ood-gay for the eekend-way.

I'm in for Friday night and part of Saturday. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Ross

We are planning to join everyone for Fri and maybe Sat.. not sure for the rest,,,, Maybe I can just shut my phone off for Sun/Mon :yahoo:

Alright all you chowda-heads, ride safe and have a great time! Looks like good weather, too! I sincerely apologize for neot being able to make this ride, but outta my control.
Perhaps there can be a part II of the same ride later in the year for those who couldn't make this one!

Enjoy yourselves, and don't forget the chowder at Alison's in Kennebunkport!

Thinking of 'ya, CJ. We'll get some pics to you.

Sull

Okay, friends, the last list I'd posted on March 20 had the following chowder riders, plus a couple of adds that I've now included. I know you'll forgive any mistakes here, but here's a strawman estimate which suggests about 22 participants:
Likely or confirmed:

08FJR4ME (Potentially part of the ride)

Axeman

Axeman's brother, Martin

Baddog

Baddog's buddy, Roberto

BigOgre

BigOgre's buddy, Dave

Canadian FJR (meeting in Freeport on Friday night)

Charlie Hoss

ChrisW (May join locally)

cota95

cota95's spouse, Marcia

De Oppresso Libero (Sat, Sun?)

dll

FJReady (Friday)

Fred W

herfjr

ionbeam (Potentially part of the ride)

MEM

S76

zip

Zooomm

Maybes, but I can't tell:

Aldawg?

bluejag

Harvey

Nikk

ShinyPartsUp

Sullivan

Taz1300

And I really don't want to say anything to blow the no-hitter, but the eather-way is looking pretty amned-day ood-gay for the eekend-way.

We can add NSRider, he's here at my house, and my SO Arlene just for the Friday ride.

Charlie, slight schedule change for me due to kid's school in a.m.

I'll miss KTP but my leaving South Portland at 8:30 will allow for a meet at first stop.

Dan

*** Will take the Shore rd. south in Ogunquit so as to not miss you north-bound from Nubble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright all you chowda-heads, ride safe and have a great time! Looks like good weather, too! I sincerely apologize for neot being able to make this ride, but outta my control.
Perhaps there can be a part II of the same ride later in the year for those who couldn't make this one!

Enjoy yourselves, and don't forget the chowder at Alison's in Kennebunkport!

Thinking of 'ya, CJ. We'll get some pics to you.

Sull
Thanks, Dan. AND DON'T FORGET THE CHOWDER POLL FOR GOD'S SAKE!! Oh yeah, and some piccies would be lovely! :lol:

Zip you can add me for the Saturday and Sunday morning rides.

I just got done putting the bike back together and the new PR2's are on. I must say that cycle hill tire changer is the nuts. I am very happy with it. It takes longer to balance and mount the tires back on. It was a good thing my 6'1" son gave me hand with the B spec rear tire. Definately a two man job. Oh yeh we got to do it twice. For some reason the arrows were going the wrong way the first time. Duh. I need some sleep. :blink:

Now to go pack. :)

Mrs Cota and I just got home. I will be posting up a couple of pics a little later when I get them uploaded.

Meeting up in Kittery

104_1860.jpg

104_1861.jpg

Beautiful day on the Maine coast

104_1870.jpg

104_1872.jpg

Group photo being taken minus 3 of us!

104_1888.jpg

104_1887.jpg

104_1883.jpg

More to come later...

Thanks to Fred and CJ for a great ride. I had three bowls and have my own favorite when the poll starts

We're safe and sound in the Bar Harbor Motel. Two great weather days so far, though it did get a bit overcast this afternoon.

Now the real fun starts... Acadia exploration tomorrow!!

Nice pics, George! Glad you were able to make the ride! Bumming cuz I couldn't partake, but that's life I suppose.

Fred, thanks for posting y'all made it to Bah Habbah............. wish I were there! Looking forward to the posts from everyone on their safe return! Hope the weather continues to hold. Looks like tomorrow may be a bit overcast, but I betcha ya already done know dat ;)

Arrive back in Nova Scotia around 1:45 your time. There was next to no traffic up route 1 and 219 so we made very good time up to the border.

A big thanks to eveyone that worked to make this happen. Great roads, great food and great people..............even that Harley guy :rolleyes: (Good meeting you Dave)

Thanks,

Canadian FJR

We made it back,

Had a great time and perfect weather. You can bet the Kali4nees don't have rocks like this! :p It was definitely one of our best rides we have been on so far. We hit a 10/10 on all three category's, Food, Riding and weather. What more could you ask for. Thanks Fred for the great route.

Pic's to follow.

Dave & Ann