Mike and Rob's 50 - 50 Twisty tour.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happiness is Texas in the rear view mirror?
Oh, Moosie, watch out for that magic tongue of Rob's...
I don't think Moosehead has that open of a marriage.
weirdsmiley.gif

Roswell was a little disappointing . Oh well. Nice trip through New Mexico on the Billy the Kid scenic highway I believe the sign said. Spending the night in Socorro NM

Hey you guys, when we come back from Mexico we are running up the California coast. So if there are things not to miss, please let us know. Sometimes we can't hit stuff because of logistics and timing, but sometimes it's cause we just didn't know. My daughter wants a pic in front of the Hollywood sign, and I would like to see the giant sequoia trees, I've also heard there's some good riding?

Hey you guys, when we come back from Mexico we are running up the California coast. So if there are things not to miss, please let us know. Sometimes we can't hit stuff because of logistics and timing, but sometimes it's cause we just didn't know. My daughter wants a pic in front of the Hollywood sign, and I would like to see the giant sequoia trees, I've also heard there's some good riding?
Well, if they let you back in the States, I'm sure the suggestions would be there. I have suggestions, but it seems silly for a midwesterner to give riding tips for Kali, when there are all the home grown Kali experts out there.

There are a ton of good roads. How many days are you going to be in Kali?...cuz that affects the advice given to you.

Concerned here. Just checked the Spot tracker link and it stopped moving as of 10:05pm in the middle of goddamn nowhere (Confirmed by Streetview). You supposed they just said fuck it and are camping on the side of the road?

Concerned here. Just checked the Spot tracker link and it stopped moving as of 10:05pm in the middle of goddamn nowhere (Confirmed by Streetview). You supposed they just said fuck it and are camping on the side of the road?
I have them at 8:55 and 9:05 central as the last points. It's 9:53 pm central now...so yer right. They are late for a report.

...and it is in the middle of fucking nowhere. I would have guessed that they were heading for the nearest town San Felipe for the night.

Color me concerned as well. Do you have his cell phone #????

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob posted up on FB this morning that the cell was getting shut off when they crossed the border.

I just texted him asking if everything is OK.

<phew> cool. Enjoy funboi's!

Depends on what you want to see or do. Basically three choices for coming north from SoCal. Slab up 5 if you want to spend time seeing and doing things in the Bay Area. 2nd option is to Come up 101 then onto 1 near Cambria to ride up the beautiful PCH (also MUCH cooler temps). 3rd choice would be inland towards the Sierras for a great day or maybe two depending on how twisty you make it. On either of the more scenic routes there are lots of choices to make the ride more fun/longer but you probably start with th major options then work from there.

You should get lots of inputs I think.....

Looks like they were following Bungie trying to get outta Mexicali.
Ya, I saw that last night and wondered who'd be the first to mention that. Couldn't have been me, I do 1 or 2 block U-turns, not entire cities. Mostly.

Rob wanted to get a closer look at Mexicali, not just pass on thru. We feel its important to get a complete tour of each city.

Rob wanted to get a closer look at Mexicali, not just pass on thru. We feel its important to get a complete tour of each city.