Moto GP England

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
OK Georgie boy checks out but what a race behind him. Looking good for Nicky to get on the box and along comes Spies and snags 3rd from Hayden! As much as I like Hayden- GO Spies! Man that was sweet, don't know what happened to Stoner at the start but he did scrap back to 5th from last after the start.

Hopefully a few more times on the box and Spies will have a full factory ride next year.

OK Georgie boy checks out but what a race behind him. Looking good for Nicky to get on the box and along comes Spies and snags 3rd from Hayden! As much as I like Hayden- GO Spies! Man that was sweet, don't know what happened to Stoner at the start but he did scrap back to 5th from last after the start.Hopefully a few more times on the box and Spies will have a full factory ride next year.
Was really hoping that Nicky and Ben would both get by Dovi.

So far in 2010, in all of the events when they both finished upright, Casey has yet to beat Nicky. Interesting.

I believe Ben is under contract to Yamaha in 2010 and 2011. Up to them whether they put him on a factory bike or keep him at Tech 3. The Tech 3 bikes aren't that far off from the full factory bikes.

Substitution rider on 46????

That would answer an awful lot of questions . . . . .

First MotoGP race I've actually enjoyed watching this year, as they've tended to be parades once everyone settled into pace after the start. The battle for 2nd through 5th never really let up the whole time.

Really wonder what happened to Stoner at the start. He didin't move late, he just didn't move as much as everybody else, and 17th into Copse!

Still, I once again enjoyed the Moto2 race a bit more than I did the MotoGP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Substitution rider on 46????
That would answer an awful lot of questions . . . . .

First MotoGP race I've actually enjoyed watching this year, as they've tended to be parades once everyone settled into pace after the start. The battle for 2nd through 5th never really let up the whole time.

Really wonder what happened to Stoner at the start. He didin't move late, he just didn't move as much as everybody else, and 17th into Copse!

Still, I once again enjoyed the Moto2 race a bit more than I did the MotoGP.
Ducati is having clutch problems. Sounds like some kind of software problem? Launching?

Poor Nicky just had a wee bit of a slip there at the end.... seems he's obligated to 4th for the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed both the MotoGP and Moto2 races alot!

Jorge looked great, and I was glad to see Big Ben get his first podium.

The Moto2 racing is just out of this world though, alot like the Daytona Sportbike class at the AMA level. A LOT more competitive.

And I doubt you'll see anyone as a sub on #46. Valentinos' posse would whup up on `em whoever they were!

Since the factory has to field a replacement rider for Rossi's bike pretty soon maybe they will pull Spies up to the full factory bike and and put a temp on the Tech3 bike, kind of the same thing Ducati did when Stoner was out last year.

reddog

Ducati is having clutch problems. Sounds like some kind of software problem? Launching?
Poor Nicky just had a wee bit of a slip there at the end.... seems he's obligated to 4th for the season.
The word here (in Australia) is that they have 'tamed' the power delivery of the Ducati (and this is also part of the clutch issues). Casey seemed to be the only rider that could cope with that wild power delivery, but the changes they have made have nullified some of his riding advantage to the benefit of others, like Nicky.

Also, the front end changes really don't suit Casey - he has been trialling last years front end to stop the front-end loses he's been having. In his words - there's no feedback when you get near the limit - one moment your fine, next you're down. Watch for him to be riding a different colour bike next year.

A really exciting race once you decided to get interested in positions two through four. Fang and I were really disappointed to see Nicky get passed when he went wide, but it was bitter-sweet because we really want to see Ben do well too.

If the Tech 3 bike isn't up to the full-factory, here's more evidence in MC racing it's 20% machine and 80% rider. And once again I wonder, "How can Colin get out there every race, every year, and continue to not make podiums, and he and his team continue to bring enthusiasm to the series?

And what about Dani? He seems to come on strong and then fade. Well, I guess he won the last one flag to flag....

The word here (in Australia) is that they have 'tamed' the power delivery of the Ducati (and this is also part of the clutch issues). Casey seemed to be the only rider that could cope with that wild power delivery, but the changes they have made have nullified some of his riding advantage to the benefit of others, like Nicky.

Also, the front end changes really don't suit Casey - he has been trialling last years front end to stop the front-end loses he's been having. In his words - there's no feedback when you get near the limit - one moment your fine, next you're down. Watch for him to be riding a different colour bike next year.
Interesting, what color do you think he will ride?

Interesting, what color do you think he will ride?
Some Italian media report he has already signed with Honda. But both Lorenzo and Rossi are off contract at the end of the year (rumours of Ducati offering Rossi a 2-year deal).

Jeremy Burgess (Rossi's team manager) was in Australia recently and gave 'expert comments' during the pre-race and post-race Aussie commentary but they all carefully stayed away from any 'where will; Rossi go' discussion.

Former Ducati team boss, Livio Suppo, who was in charge at Duc when Casey won his title, is now at Honda.

'Word is' that Ducati realised they had to make their bike less Casey-friendly, and more rideable this year, as they knew they could/would lose Casey (after apparently trying to sign Lorenzo when Casey was sick last year).

So, who really knows?

Maybe this should have it's own thread?