Motorcycle Dynamics

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 1'st link. Isn't that where they have 128 ways to 'Drop A Bike' (Below)? :D

https://www.msgroup.org/TIP077.html

Second one didn't work.

If you looking for Reading Material to improve Riding Skill.

Hough, Proficient Motorcycling

Ienatsch, Sport Riding Techniques

Pridmore, Smooth riding the Pridmore Way

Code, Twist of the Wrist

Last edited by a moderator:
ThrottleJockeyTJ,

Great link to msgroup.org, I think I did a 5, 17, 118 at the gas station for my first fill of my '05. (tired, and thot the stand was down after a quick glance, but it had hooked on my boot just enuf and came back up. My first practice of standing it back up by using butt on the seat technique...avoiding highsiding and kicking the stand down was the hidden issue. Even after learning to do a double take, I would like a more positive stand snap down.)

The first link is to an Italian site, i think, with some Posters of motorcycle terminology with drawings. Yeah, it is not working at the moment.

I have the video/book for Keith Code, Twist of the Wrist, and it is too remote for me to take in as it is mostly about racing on a track. I want to focus on getting up to speed, after laying off dirt/street (honda magna v-30 500cc) motorcycling for 10 years, and fill what is left of my brain with street hazard avoidance. So, I buy one of the fastest bikes available and view my MSF videos again as a start. Luckily, my buddies have those slow 1800cc gold wings, VTX, valkries, and runes.

thanks for the other references...do you (or others) have any comments on the value of each?

Hough is all about recognizing Harards before they jump your A$$. Pridgemore & Ienatsch are more about the MC itself. The more knowledge you have the less likely you will get in trouble. When I started riding this stuff wasn't available. TJ

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts