Mounting an EZ Pass transponder on a 3rd Gen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over 500K miles on bikes and I'm yet to use a toll road. (I have in cars while traveling before, but not that often)

I use them, not happy about paying, but I hate sitting in traffic worse than paying tolls.

I use them, not happy about paying, but I hate sitting in traffic worse than paying tolls.
You ain't kidding! Last time I went to Key West was in the summer of 2009- gladly paid tolls to keep moving but it was still pretty warm. And when I came through Atlanta June this yr I would have gladly paid tolls rather than sit in the sun for 2.5 hrs in traffic.

Sorry, but I think toll roads are great. Especially the ones where they have EZ pass fly through lanes, you never even have to slow down at the toll booths.

Personally, I would much rather that the people actually using the roads and bridges be the ones who pay for them than to have that expense added onto broad based tax bills. I am generally in favor of usage fees over taxes on anything that can be set up that way.

Plus, in our little state of New Hampshire, the tolls are only collected on the two interstate highways (I-93 and I-95), which were mostly built for the people from states south of here that like to come up to play in the northern ones. Getting usage money from them, and especially the trucks that roll through going to and from Canada and Maine (and really beat the roads up) makes a lot of sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but I think toll roads are great...Plus, in our little state of New Hampshire...
...the state has huge liquor stores right on the toll roads and they offer huge discounts over the liquor stores in the surrounding states :)

Last edited by a moderator: