My hero

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick response to all of you letting you know that I am truly over-whelmed with these sincere responses. It is almost 4:00 AM and it has been a gruelling day to say the least to include 12 hours of driving and then an extra hr and 1/2 going to Corpus and back. When I left Mississippi this AM, I got a call about 11:00 AM to learn that my Mom was taking my Dad by ambulance to the hospital. By the time I arrived in Rockport, he had been transported to a Corpus hospital where his heart surgeon could look at him. He will be having test this week there. I arrived just in time for the doctor's consultation and then hours later he was moved to a private room in a new facility. He will have the best of care this week and my mom and I, tonight, will now get some needed rest. I plan on posting a couple of pics tomorrow of him. Thanks so much, again.

Best of luck Dan, my dad is my hero too... not looking forward to his eventual demise. Stay strong, and enjoy the time you have left together.

You'll be in our prayers.

Dan,

My prayers are with you and your Mom for your Dad.

I lost my Dad in 1998 and my Mom in March of 2002. It's NEVER easy, and yet

we know in our heart of hearts that they won't live forever (on Earth, anyway).

Never spent enough time with them, as they moved about 500 miles away,

so I didn't see them as often as I wanted to.

Both of my parents went fast enough that I didn't have enough time to tell

them anything. My Dad passed away before I got to the hospital, and my

Mom was on life support and no brain activity...at all... by the time I arrived.

Get him the drugs as mentioned, and just be there. Tell him the things you

need to say to him. If he's your hero, let him know that. He'll feel like he

did a good job with you and your brother.

God bless,

Jim

Hang in there Dan. I lost my Dad to pancreatic cancer in 87, when he was but 57 years old. It is the worst cancer unfortunately, and at least I was able to share some wonderful moments with him before he went to a better place. It is tough, tough, tough. Our, and my thoughts are with you and the family. Make the most of the time you have with him.

And, hang in there. Peace. Jay

sorry to hear this ,, your family will be in our prayers

make sure you are taking care of yourself ( sleep /eat) as you care for your family

stay strong !!!

I am writing to report that my hero fought a very tough battle and won his victory about 8:40 this evening and is now in a much better place. Mom and I are doing OK at this point and lots of preperations will begin in the morning. Gave Mom a tylenol PM and she is headed for a very lonely bedroom but a much needed rest.

I am so thankful for this forum, the members and new found friends that have written and were supportive through this time. Keep our family in your prayers.

I am writing to report that my hero fought a very tough battle and won his victory about 8:40 this evening and is now in a much better place.
Sorry for your loss, but glad for you and your family that the worst is over. Let the healing begin.

Dan,

Adding my sympathy to all the others'. Lost my beloved Grandmother to pancreatic cancer, and came close to losing both parents to other cancers in the last few years, so I know what you are going through. Keep your good memories close as they are the best defense against the sorrow you will experience. As others have said before, today's medicines will allow him to be lucid and as comfortable as possible, so share as much as you can with him.

God Bless

Here's something I heard yesterday...

Grief is not weakness or loss of faith;

but grief is the price of love.

Put several pictures of your Dad together to remember good times with you, Mother and family in one of those collage picture frames. Give it to your mother and yourself for Christmas. Good memories are priceless!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan.

Sorry to hear of your loss but glad that your Dad is in a better place, one without pain and suffering. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

-jwilly

I'm so very sorry for your loss Dan. I am now going through the very same thing you endured since August. My father was not doing well and my sister who lives near him by called me back on Saturday before Thanksgiving to advise me. Dad has never been sick a day in his life, but my sister said he had a very unsteady gait, she feared he would fall and get hurt. Dad is only 74 and I traveled home the following Monday to check things with my own eyes. On Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving we had an appointment with a neurologist, he checked my dad over and ordered a MRI, but due to the holiday weekend it could not be done until the following Tuesday. We went home and about an hour later he fell in the kitchen, received a cut above his left eye and was unconscious for about 2-3 minutes. We called 911 and the ambulance arrived promptly and carried him to the emergency room. There is where I heard the first of bad news, the CT scan revealed a mass in his brain.

He was admitted and the following day, Thanksgiving day, a MRI was done and the results revealed multiple cancerous liesions in his brain. The next day another MRI was done on his chest and abdomen. The results showed yet another cancer mass in each of his two lung lobes.

I just returned home Monday of this week. Dad was released from the hospital the day after I returned home and he is undergoing radiation treatment and will follow with chemo. It is a very difficult time, mostly for him but for our family as well. I have run the gamut of emotions the last 3 weeks, it has been the hardest time of my life. He is constantly on my mind, from when I wake up until I go to bed. No one should get this horrible disease, no one deserves this, I fear for him, and I hate the thought of what tomorrow brings.

I hope in some way, maybe both your father and you and family have found some peace, somehow, some way today.

I am writing to report that my hero fought a very tough battle and won his victory about 8:40 this evening and is now in a much better place.
Condolences, brother.
Cherish what you had, and move forward while keeping track of those blessings and always making new ones for your family, carrying on Dad's legacy. Foster his immortality, and your own. We are forever and we are one.

Wings Of The Angels

by Tim Chambers

A gentle wind blew cross the land

Reaching out to take a hand

For on the winds the angels came

Calling out a fathers name.

Left behind, the children's tears

Loving memories of the years

Of joy and love, a life well spent

And now to God a father's sent.

On angel's wings, a heavenly flight

The journey home, towards the light

To those who weep, a life is gone

But in God's love, 'tis but the dawn.

With slight alteration, apologies to the author.

So sorry, be strong for mum, a newly quiet home is a dreadful thing. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for your loss.

Go now and take a nice long ride. Let the healing begin. It helps.

Tim

Not much more can be said that hasn't already been said other than rejoice in the fact that, one day, you will see him again! Nobody will be in pain then, praise God! Just sent a kneemail to Him.