My hero

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan,

My prayers are with you and your family. Don't forget to celibrate the life you shared with your father by remembering the good times, and the bad times, you had together

Mike

Dan, prayers coming your way.

After my dad had passed, for the longest time I would think of something and would think of calling him. Never did, but I would think of it. Now a moment in time will come to mind and I will just smile a little and silently thank the powers that be for the time we had together. Every year gets a little better. Keep the good times close. Fred jr.

Just a quick response to all of you letting you know that I am truly over-whelmed with these sincere responses. It is almost 4:00 AM and it has been a gruelling day to say the least to include 12 hours of driving and then an extra hr and 1/2 going to Corpus and back. When I left Mississippi this AM, I got a call about 11:00 AM to learn that my Mom was taking my Dad by ambulance to the hospital. By the time I arrived in Rockport, he had been transported to a Corpus hospital where his heart surgeon could look at him. He will be having test this week there. I arrived just in time for the doctor's consultation and then hours later he was moved to a private room in a new facility. He will have the best of care this week and my mom and I, tonight, will now get some needed rest. I plan on posting a couple of pics tomorrow of him. Thanks so much, again.
Prayers and Good Wishes for all of you.And make sure you and your mom get all the rest you can.Sleep is also healing, and when you're taking care of someone that's ill, you actually need more sleep because of the stress.Take care.MaryPrayers and Good Wishes for all of you.And make sure you and your mom get all the rest you can.Sleep is also healing, and when you're taking care of someone that's ill, you actually need more sleep because of the stress.Take care.Mary

Thank all of you for your awesome comments. Time is dragging on as I now have a year under my belt of taking care of Mom with the wife still in FL. Mom's definatley not getting any younger. Yvonne is still in Lake Mary, FL finishing up the hurricane claims from all the way back to Hurricane Charlie almost four years ago. I leave the 21st for FL this time in the truck to bring some more stuff home. If she's still there in Feb., I'll get to take the trip out there sporting the new Russell Day Long. Sure look forward to meeting more of you from this forum. Thanks! :clapping:

Just a thought and you'll know if this fits for you or not.

Dad died in 1987 and we couldn't get Mom to move out of the big old house until 2001. By that point she'd been visiting so many friends in retirement villages and really nice seniors-only places that she suddenly understood why we'd been trying to get her to move to one.

We looked and there were good ones and shit-holes. When she did move, the place was big, clean, well-lit, and she could move in with her pooch. It cost nothing, as they took her house on a reverse mortgage. (My broker brother in law and I each did the numbers and they treated her fairly.) The night she moved in, eight neighbors from her hall took her to dinner. They spoke her kind of talk and liked her music. Us kids (I'm oldest & lived closest) and our spouses spent a lot less time worrying if she had another fall down the stairs.

She passed away almost 3 years later, happy with how it worked out but regularly saying that she had spent too many years alone in her house.

Bob