NERDS 2016 "Daks and-over gang"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KJ, I might have to meet you guys at your place Thursday morning. What time is the launch? Can you PM me your address to put in GPS. Most likely leaving from peace bridge Buffalo. 3 hrs should give me lots of time I figure.

Thanks KJ

Great that your doing this for the guys.

Cheers

Mel

Sometimes we get lost on purpose! Twisty Curlies intrigue me.
pioneer.gif
All those Windmills in the area have blown me off course in the past.
So that's what you tell your (lost) followers! ....I'll have to remember that one!
smile.png

KJ, I might have to meet you guys at your place Thursday morning. What time is the launch? Can you PM me your address to put in GPS. Most likely leaving from peace bridge Buffalo. 3 hrs should give me lots of time I figure.
Thanks KJ

Cheers

Mel
Hey Buddy,

Well, that is no problem (for us), but we are having a KSU of 7am at my house (maybe 6:45 if I can get Timmy up in time).

Why so early of a KSU? well, the 1st half leg we meet Big Dave at the Tail O' Pup BBQ in Saranac Lake at 1pm(ish). My GPS route has it as 5.5hrs to the BBQ using this route. I also have a breakfast stop planned in Skaneateles NY (on our 'new for this year' route up). The breakfast is about 40mins from my house, so that should be right for timing.

So you could meet us Thurs AM at my house, if you think you can make the KSU time. But I would say... (I'm overflowing at my house, yes) but we can always squeeze in some more if you don't mind couches and blankets. So, come w Tim's crew Weds nite if you can.

Let me know, I'll try to make this work one way or another!

*********************************************** UPDATE INQUIRIES ******************************************************************

Okay, so I was asked why we are not taking the same route up through the 'Daks as we did in prior years (I know, it is an awesome route!). Well we really are still doing the same (mostly), I just changed the way we trek up "to" the Daks. Here's my crazy tour guide reasoning.... Travel Magazine has ranked Lake Placid, Old Forge and Skaneateles as the 1,2 & 3 "Most Quaintest" upstate NY villages to visit. When I saw that, I said heck!, I already have 2 in my route, w another slight 25 miles tweek, I can include Skaneateles also! ...plus Skaneateles has a really good Mom & Pop (Hilltop Restaurant) breakfast hole, perfect timing from my house (about 40 mins) and to our upcoming lunch stop (about 4.5hrs), need to stop in Old Forge for our traditional photo op stop. I'm sure Mike the Wino will need to also make a dump stop (or 2) after breakfast
tonguesmiley.gif

So, we will now cruise all 3 of these "most quaintest upstate NY villages" on our ride-in to Stowe.
smile.png

BTW- it's pronounced... Skinny-at-liss

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes we get lost on purpose! Twisty Curlies intrigue me.
pioneer.gif
All those Windmills in the area have blown me off course in the past.
So that's what you tell your (lost) followers! ....I'll have to remember that one!
smile.png

Thanks KJ

Cheers

Mel
Hey Buddy,

Well, that is no problem (for us), but we are having a KSU of 7am at my house (maybe 6:45 if I can get Timmy up in time).

Why so early of a KSU? well, the 1st half leg we meet Big Dave at the Tail O' Pup BBQ in Saranac Lake at 1pm(ish). My GPS route has it as 5.5hrs to the BBQ using this route. I also have a breakfast stop planned in Skaneateles NY (on our 'new for this year' route up). The breakfast is about 40mins from my house, so that should be right for timing.

So you could meet us Thurs AM at my house, if you think you can make the KSU time. But I would say... (I'm overflowing at my house, yes) but we can always squeeze in some more if you don't mind couches and blankets. So, come w Tim's crew Weds nite if you can.

Let me know, I'll try to make this work one way or another!

*********************************************** UPDATE INQUIRIES ******************************************************************

Okay, so I was asked why we are not taking the same route up through the 'Daks as we did in prior years (I know, it is an awesome route!). Well we really are still doing the same (mostly), I just changed the way we trek up "to" the Daks. Here's my crazy tour guide reasoning.... Travel Magazine has ranked Lake Placid, Old Forge and Skaneateles as the 1,2 & 3 "Most Quaintest" upstate NY villages to visit. When I saw that, I said heck!, I already have 2 in my route, w another slight 25 miles tweek, I can include Skaneateles also! ...plus Skaneateles has a really good Mom & Pop (Hilltop Restaurant) breakfast hole, perfect timing from my house (about 40 mins) and to our upcoming lunch stop (about 4.5hrs), need to stop in Old Forge for our traditional photo op stop. I'm sure Mike the Wino will need to also make a dump stop (or 2) after breakfast
tonguesmiley.gif

So, we will now cruise all 3 of these "most quaintest upstate NY villages" on our ride-in to Stowe.
smile.png

BTW- it's pronounced... Skinny-at-liss
Sounds good KJ, spoke with Tim and he will be leaving earlier in the day.I won't make the dinner, but will roll into your place 9-9:30pm. If for any reason it doesn't work, Let me know, I'm good with a motel too. Thanks again buddy.

Mel.

Well it won't be the Ritz Carlton, but we will get everyone pillows, blankets and at least a couch. I guess we'll let you guys decide who sleeps where?

See you Mel after dinner, if you need anything (I take it you have my address) just holler!

-KJ & Debbie

-----------------------SLEEPOVER LIST UPDATED-----------------------------

Mike (Wine Guy)

Tim (madmudder)

Jon (LittleJon)

Jeff (FJRPittsburgh)

Charlie (Huey Lewis)

Larry (Vmax Larry)

Mel (Ozzy)

Well it won't be the Ritz Carlton, but we will get everyone pillows, blankets and at least a couch. I guess we'll let you guys decide who sleeps where?
See you Mel after dinner, if you need anything (I take it you have my address) just holler!

-KJ & Debbie

Mike (Wine Guy)

Tim (madmudder)

Jon (LittleJon)

Jeff (FJRPittsburgh)

Charlie (Huey Lewis)

Larry (Vmax Larry)

Mel (Ozzy)
Got the address from Tim, He mentioned you may have cats which I'm allergic, so feel free to stick me outside somewhere. I'm good.

Thanks again.

-KJ & Debbie

Mike (Wine Guy)

Tim (madmudder)

Jon (LittleJon)

Jeff (FJRPittsburgh)

Charlie (Huey Lewis)

Larry (Vmax Larry)

Mel (Ozzy)
Got the address from Tim, He mentioned you may have cats which I'm allergic, so feel free to stick me outside somewhere. I'm good.

Thanks again.
Mel

I just pulled my 30ft boat (from the water) and parked it my driveway, it has a queen and double bed in it, this may be your best isolation
smile.png

...it's clean, and I'll have Debbie put new sheets, pillows and blankies in it in case you opt for this!

KJ, What time do you think you will be at the west end of Tracy Road? I will try to meet you there along with my buddy Chuck. If you see us on the side of the road, no need to stop, we will jump in on the end of the group. If you don't see us, just keep cruising and we will see you in Stowe. -Steve

KJ, What time do you think you will be at the west end of Tracy Road? I will try to meet you there along with my buddy Chuck. If you see us on the side of the road, no need to stop, we will jump in on the end of the group. If you don't see us, just keep cruising and we will see you in Stowe. -Steve
We will be at the "Tail O' Pig Pup BBQ" at 1-ish to meet Dave (coming down from Ottawa). So add in lunch, then the ride down to the Tracey, I'd say it should be in the 2:30-3pm range?

<?> PM me your cell, I can text you when we leave the Pup

-KJ & Debbie

Mike (Wine Guy)

Tim (madmudder)

Jon (LittleJon)

Jeff (FJRPittsburgh)

Charlie (Huey Lewis)

Larry (Vmax Larry)

Mel (Ozzy)

Thanks again.
Mel

I just pulled my 30ft boat (from the water) and parked it my driveway, it has a queen and double bed in it, this may be your best isolation
smile.png

...it's clean, and I'll have Debbie put new sheets, pillows and blankies in it in case you opt for this!
Wow! nothing like taking care of the details. Thanks KJ, That's RITZ enough for me. What's next, Dancing Girls?

**CORRECTION**

The meetup (Canadians w/ Jeff) gas station is called Country Fair Citgo.

It's a red barn looking building, can't miss it as it's the first gas station on your right after ramping off of 219 heading East on Rte 39

So red barn building, Country Fair on the signage, with Citgo gas pumps. (I just went this exact route today!).

Here is the Googlemaps of that route

Departure day for da Kanadians and FJRPittsburgh-Jeff

See you guys at my house around 6-6:30pm, I have a wide assortment of beer in the cooler and iced down!
smile.png

....oh wait, Lil Jon, is it still too early to talk about this? lol

Nah, we're good now. I was planning on leaving work at 4:30. Then I talked myself into leaving at 2:30.

Well, last night didn't go as planned. I have nothing packed. And I'd like to get Mel's side bags on her bike before I take off for the weekend. So.... might be leaving work at noon.

I have some work items I need to take care of first thing Thursday so I don't know yet when I am leaving Ottawa, hopefully sometime before noon.

I will be following along the same route through the Adirondacks and I may well hit Tracy road around 2:30.

Don't wait for me but keep an eye open for a Canadian 16ES in rapid transit mode.

Chris

Somebody got their feelings hurt at work. So I have to stay. Grown ass men. What a bunch of bitches.

I soooo wish I could make this trip. You guys have fun and stay safe!
We'll miss ya Lisa, I was wanting the big Colorado trip stories... guess I'll have to wait till EOM! (and, I hear Fred is doing NERDS again next year so he can participate, so... save the calendar space, most likely it will be in August again as all prior NERDS).

I have some work items I need to take care of first thing Thursday so I don't know yet when I am leaving Ottawa, hopefully sometime before noon.I will be following along the same route through the Adirondacks and I may well hit Tracy road around 2:30.

Don't wait for me but keep an eye open for a Canadian 16ES in rapid transit mode.

Chris
Yo yo Chris bro, we are picking up fellow Ottowan "Dave" at the Tale O' the Pup BBQ (between Saranac Lake and Lake Placid) at 1pm-ish Thursday. You're welcome to meet us there!?!?!

Somebody got their feelings hurt at work. So I have to stay. Grown ass men. What a bunch of bitches.
I'll save a few cold ones for ya. I'm going to the store (now!) to buy Tim {Madmudder} some Berry Brisk Iced Tea, he texted me complaining about my "assortment of beer" comment ^^^^ and no mention of Iced Tea!... so, being the grumpy old host, I'll get him his dwink of choice (otherwise he'll whine the whole dang trip!) lol

Great dinner tonight with everyone. I wish I was riding up with all of you tomorrow. I'm not going to be worth a shit tomorrow at work.

Ride safe everyone and see ya Friday around 4ish.