NERDS IV - B2B (back to basics) - Stowe, VT 8/18-21/2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a great time again! Great roads, great weather, great friends and made a few new friends along the way. Paulie (now bar Paulie) was really happy to see us again, enough to make a round of free drinks for us NERDS. He ditched the wedding he was running on the deck to come hang with us for the evening
laugh.png
We rode some new roads, buzzed Smugglers Notch once and slowly ground our way through another two times. Rt 17 had some construction but we were still able to enjoy the steep elevation changes with the tight corners. Even though we have done this many times, on Sunday morning as people were mounting up everyone was saying that they want to do it again next year.

After a slab free meandering ride home the 'Beams rolled in around 4:30 after yet another fine day riding. My tires made the trip and surprisingly, still just barely touched the wear bars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Home safe,

Thanks again to Fred and Alan for putting this together.

Pictures after I have a soak in the hottub, and a beer or several, hmm maybe better to post those sober.

Chris

I took the scenic route home and got in around 4:00 just minutes ahead of the rains. As expected, I had a great time and enjoyed the rides and the socializing. I hope to do it again next year. "Back to basics" worked out just fine. Thank you again Fred for pulling it together.

Home safe, Thanks again to Fred and Alan for putting this together.

Pictures after I have a soak in the hottub, and a beer or several, hmm maybe better to post those sober.

Chris
THANK YOU! for the ride on Friday. You certainly know how to show a girl a good time ;)

We rolled into the driveway just after 5 p.m. Followed Russ and Sarah down 100, over Rochester Gap and along the back roads into NH where we eventually parted ways and meandered our way home.

We had a great time catching up with some we haven't seen since NERDS 2011, those who are regular attendees, and meeting all the first timers! Fred and Joann, you were missed! Thank you for the basic planning and getting another successful NERDS in the books!

Got in about the same time as Paul and Gina. Lucked out with the weather too. Pulled into the garage, made a few trips in and out to unload and then the skies opened. Traffic was stoopid also once I jumped on the slab for the final push home. Guess it was a popular weekend as the summer is coming to a close.

Thank you Fred and Alan and anyone else who supported putting this together. The weather, routes and above all, the people made for a truly enjoyable few days. (Including quite a few laughs over dinner!) How many days 'till EOM??

Made it home safe. Another great weekend in the books. Wish I had been a little more forward and shaken more hands. I always thoroughly enjoy these meets, but every time I get home and note the folks that I missed.

It was great meeting the new faces that I did, and I look forward to the next opportunity with those I missed.

Thanks to all who helped make my trip great.

Left Stowe at 8am and arrived home at 7:30 tonight. Thank goodness for Nexus, the traffic at the border coming back into Canada was brutal! Got a good 3 hours or so of power washing the bike on the I-90. :) What a great 5 days of riding and hanging out with great people! Thanks to Allen and Fred for organizing another spectacular get together. Looking forward to more fun and games at EOM next month!

Had a great time with all you NERDS. Thanks to Fred and Alan for organizing the unorganized event. These types of get togethers are my fav. Met lots of new friends. Thanks to those who led the groups I rode in. Tim, KJ, Jon and Chuck. Thanks to KJ for the accommodations and planning.

I got as far as Scranton, PA today as I got tired of dealing with hours of rain. I'll finish up the trek to Pittsburgh tomorrow.

See you all soon. Hopefully at EOM.

It was a great time as usual. Totally enjoyed our Islands ride yesterday. Great roads and compans.

Great ride home today, most of the way with Gina and Paul. Good lunch in Newport NH was a bonus.

Great weekend! Thanks to all you NERDS that made it happen.

It was a great time as usual. Totally enjoyed our Islands ride yesterday. Great roads and compans.

Great ride home today, most of the way with Gina and Paul. Good lunch in Newport NH was a bonus.

Made it back to home base at oh-Dark thirty plus a few. Looong day and wet (in rain gear again this evening during the final stretch).

Thanks to all who had a hand in organizing the weekend. It was great. Really enjoyed catching up with those of you I'd met at previous rallies and meeting new faces and with luck, maybe I'll be able to connect names at the next rally.
smile.png

Thanks to those that
bike.gif
led our merry bands of riders. In a lot of ways, I expect it's like herding cats.

Out of curiosity (and a little concern), has anyone heard from Ozzy/Mel? Mel was trying to baby a rear tire showing cords back to Niagara region with LittleJon and Tim on secondary roads along the lake.

Glad to hear all went well.

Mission accomplished for Josie and Fred. We got our youngest daughter hitched up (to a doctor, no less!) and the nuptial festivities went off without any (major) problems. It was a grand gala and weekend full of partying, for sure, but I'm still a bit sorry that I missed out on the NERDS weekend this year. Naturally I'm already thinking forward to a re-do in 2017. Heck... why not? It sure seems like the B2B concept is a winner for everyone involved. Same weekend in August will probably work well. More planning will be done later, and maybe even a few fresh ride routes?

My special thanks to Alan and Helen for picking the NERDS ball up and running it in, in my absence. It sounds like things went off without any issues. I'll look forward to hearing more NERDS '16 weekend stories when many of us get together at EOM in just a few more weeks.

Made it home safe. Another great weekend in the books. Wish I had been a little more forward and shaken more hands. I always thoroughly enjoy these meets, but every time I get home and note the folks that I missed.
It was great meeting the new faces that I did, and I look forward to the next opportunity with those I missed.

Thanks to all who helped make my trip great.
+1 & thanks Jon for leading the Ozzy recon mission to get him home safely he greatly appreciated the assistance.
IMG_2278_zpshblja3aq.jpg

Made it home a little after 4pm safe and sound. Bit of a bummer to see Ozz have a tire issue, hope that works out!!
Incredible weekend!! Made some new friend, great roads and lots of great memories!! The group I rode with on Sat and the roads, I couldn't ask for better. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

Looking forward to next year!!
smile.png

It was a great ride with a fantastic group. Thanks to Chuck for leading & Steve for running tail ensuring everyone had a safe and enjoyable ride.
punk.gif
IMG_1461_zpsyxrhxkog.jpg

IMG_1453_zpsaawnojlg.jpg

I met up with the exiting Fred W on Thursday as he returned from a VT ride, the few people that arrived early were out with Fred. As more NERDS people rode in, some of the small number of early arrivers started telling the arriving hoard that they had a good meal in the bar with Commodore employee Paul attending to the service. So, based on this advice the large number of arriving NERDS all unexpectedly walked into the bar at once which caused Paul and his staff to have a heart attack. I spent some time trying to help Paul start breathing again
smile.png
Even though the kitchen and wait staff thought they were done for the night they all went back to stations and did a good job of getting everyone fed, all but the Asphalt Junkies Paul and Gina. It did help that Pauli had provided us Fireball drinks on the house while we waited (Fireball cinnamon whisky with whipped cream and chocolate).

The next day Paul had some time to setup tables for us and I tried to give him updates on expected dinner attendance and arrival times. There was no general use trash can out front so we made quite a mess. At the end of the first official night I did a walk-about in the front parking area and there were bottles, cans, cups and paper trash everywhere so I had maintenance put out a trash can for us. Thanks to everyone for using the trash can after that!

The Commodore had just repaved the parking lot and provided everyone a wood side stand plate. Thanks again to everyone for using them.

Pauli pulled me aside and TOLD me that NERDS were coming back next year and he was going to prepare for it, no maybe about it. I guess we can't let him down
smile.png

Glad to hear all went well.
Mission accomplished for Josie and Fred. We got our youngest daughter hitched up (to a doctor, no less!) and the nuptial festivities went off without any (major) problems. It was a grand gala and weekend full of partying, for sure, but I'm still a bit sorry that I missed out on the NERDS weekend this year. Naturally I'm already thinking forward to a re-do in 2017. Heck... why not? It sure seems like the B2B concept is a winner for everyone involved. Same weekend in August will probably work well. More planning will be done later, and maybe even a few fresh ride routes?

My special thanks to Alan and Helen for picking the NERDS ball up and running it in, in my absence. It sounds like things went off without any issues. I'll look forward to hearing more NERDS '16 weekend stories when many of us get together at EOM in just a few more weeks.
What? No pictures?

Congratulations Fred and Josie.

Congrats Fred!

Home safe yesterday at 4pm. Took the App Gap route home then to Lake George on 9N, over to Rte 8, 30, 8 (treking the lower Daks) down to Utica, then 28 south to 20 west to Geneva. The skies opened up right in Utica, stayed raining until Skaneateles where I went through reminiscing the memories of our photo stop there just 4 days prior.... kinda kewl to flash back like that! (also sad that it was over and goes so dang quick!)

Looking forward to next years NERDS already!
smile.png

Awesome peeps as usual, makes the experience sooooooo complete! Thank you to all who attended, you make the event great!

I'll do up a full RR w pics later!