New Bike On Order

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Espia4ci

Reaction score
asset_upload_file600_2508.jpg

Where's the motor?

My wife makes me ride one of those things. she takes hers out and I go riding on mine. I tried to get her to allow me to ties her bike to my Feejer and then I could just pull her around the block... but that idea was quickly rejected.

Nice bike, though I'm more of a fat-tired rider when pedaling.

What kind of mileage do you get? Does it run on regular (or maybe methane?) Will you do the Motorman break-in?

How do you like the brake mounted shifting? I've always been a mtn bike guy and find those skinny tire bikes tend to make my winker tighten up in anticipation of a pothole, quickly followed by a taco'd rim. but dang she sure is sexy!! Are those spokes round or bladed?

Direct link

Nice looking specs too!

I've got a buddy who used to do super marathon rides of 100 miles in a day... he would be drolling over that bike rather than just saying "nice."

Me? I'm looking at the equivalent of a new custom seat, Monogo trailer and hitch, and gas money for a month!

Looks like a good choice though... and as long as you're happy, woh cares what the rest of us think. :lol:

Nice Bike and good luck on the August delivery. I am still waiting for my confirmed June delivery. But hey that is not a Yamaha so you might actually get it on time. :lol:

Ride Safe.

Marc

I guess the pedals are optional, meaning you pick the kind you want? I don't see any in the picture.
Yeah, there are so many types now and everyone has their own preference so on the higher-end bikes they don't even include them. Same with the saddle. Most people switch out the saddle immediately.

How do you like the brake mounted shifting? I've always been a mtn bike guy and find those skinny tire bikes tend to make my winker tighten up in anticipation of a pothole, quickly followed by a taco'd rim. but dang she sure is sexy!! Are those spokes round or bladed?
I like the intergrated brake/shifters. They really make things a lot easier. The stock rims have round spokes.

Wow, what's the weight of this thing? Looks super-light!
I am not sure of the exact weight since Trek doesn't post weights. Once it comes in I will weigh it at the bike shop. I am anticpating it to weigh around 18 lbs. The whole frame is OCLV carbon fiber 120.

Last edited by a moderator: