No riding before buying?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friendly Yamaha in Baton Rouge was great to work with! Offered test ride, great sales people, great service people. Very refreshing after two other Yamaha dealers I worked with on other bikes.

Sometimes you can find a dealer/individual who will let you ride. Sometimes you can't. And sometimes it comes down to "just doin' it."

Remember Indy stepping off the edge of that cliff to go get the Grail after his dad had been shot? Sometimes you just gotta take a "leap of faith."

Many, MANY FJR owners have purchased without riding the bikes. Literally thousands and thousands, basing their purchases solely on ride reports, word of mouth, motorcycle reviews, forums and such. They took a leap of faith.

Time you got froggy and jumped, m'kay??

I cannot understand buying a bike without riding it (or a very similar edition). My local dealers are similar - no rides. Yes, I understand the reasoning but it's a bunch of crap. I test rode a number of BMW's and Victory's prior to my last purchase. I'm nearing a purchase but almost passed over the FJR due to lack of a test ride but fortunately, an FJR Forum member offered me a ride on his '05.