Nor-Cal Ride Oct. 17th, 18th and 10th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that I should do a better job checking out future owners. The good thing is that they both recovered although I wonder about Mike at times. :D
Huh? :unsure:

Wha?? :rolleyes:

That would depend on what our definition of "is" is....and recovered...and "normal". :crazy:

Sorry guys, MsNASCAR and I have another really big ride to do in SoCAL.

Wish we could do both. NOT! :dribble: :dribble:

Friday we will be stopping at Denny's in Red Bluff for a meal at approximately 10:00 am. We will also be meeting other riders here. :rolleyes:

At 11:00 am we will be kick stands up with full fuel.

I am also thinking of a quick stop at the sign on 36 ( TWN avatar ) :fuck: :friends:

Any one wishing to ride to Red Bluff with Cyndi and I let me know and we will meet at the Chevron in Marysville at 8:00 am otherwise we will see you in Red Bluff or ???

Friday we will be stopping at Denny's in Red Bluff for a meal at approximately 10:00 am. We will also be meeting other riders here. :rolleyes: At 11:00 am we will be kick stands up with full fuel.

I am also thinking of a quick stop at the sign on 36 ( TWN avatar ) :fuck: :friends:

Any one wishing to ride to Red Bluff with Cyndi and I let me know and we will meet at the Chevron in Marysville at 8:00 am otherwise we will see you in Red Bluff or ???
See ya at 8:00 am at the Chevron. Madmike told me to meet there at 9:00 am just last night -- hmmmm, wonder if he was tryin' to ditch me? :unsure:

See ya at 8:00 am at the Chevron. Madmike told me to meet there at 9:00 am just last night -- hmmmm, wonder if he was tryin' to ditch me? :unsure:
Nope. You and I discussed that meet time but I didn't get a hold of Steve. I like his "trump" time, so I'll see you @ the Chevron.

[SIZE=8pt]Hmmmm....I wonder how Cyndi likes the earlier meet time? :unsure: [/SIZE]

What time do you guys think you will be pulling out of Yreka on Saturday morning? Do you know what restaurant you may eat breakfast at? I am considering coming down from Medford and meeting you guys there for the ride to Fortuna. Will head north on Sunday. Trying to round up a few buddies for the ride(one other fjr).

Bob in Medford

My guess is that you will not be returning to Fernbridge/Ferndale area after breakfast on Sunday until about 10:00 am. I can get there from Sacto via Hwy 36 by that time to meet you, :clapping: if you have no objections to having another rider join in for the last day. I assume I would park myself in Ferndale where you have to make the zigzag to start Mattole Rd and wait for your over-stuffed :dribble: arrival from the Samoa Cookhouse. If you think you will be there earlier, let me know. Sounds like fun! I'll plan to begin hwy 36 by 7:00am. I'll have time to spare unless there is ice!

Alan

Friday we will be stopping at Denny's in Red Bluff for a meal at approximately 10:00 am. We will also be meeting other riders here. :rolleyes: At 11:00 am we will be kick stands up with full fuel.

Sorry for the miscommunication. Mike and I talked but never set a time.

Nightshine wants to meet in Red Bluff so I took it upon myself to set the times so all can adjust there schedules accordingly

I'm thinkin an earlier start will give us more options later in the day.

What time do you guys think you will be pulling out of Yreka on Saturday morning? Do you know what restaurant you may eat breakfast at? I am considering coming down from Medford and meeting you guys there for the ride to Fortuna. Will head north on Sunday. Trying to round up a few buddies for the ride(one other fjr). Bob in Medford
Saturday I'm thinking we will eat at the hotel although others may want to eat at a regular restaurant.

There is a Black Bear Diner just down the street.

At 9:00 am I plan to be kick stand up with full fuel headed for Fortuna.

Cello II Posted Oct 14 2008, 11:53 PM My guess is that you will not be returning to Fernbridge/Ferndale area after breakfast on Sunday until about 10:00 am. I can get there from Sacto via Hwy 36 by that time to meet you, if you have no objections to having another rider join in for the last day. I assume I would park myself in Ferndale where you have to make the zigzag to start Mattole Rd and wait for your over-stuffed arrival from the Samoa Cookhouse. If you think you will be there earlier, let me know. Sounds like fun! I'll plan to begin hwy 36 by 7:00am. I'll have time to spare unless there is ice!

Alan
On Sunday I plan on leaving the motel for the Samoa Cookhouse at 8:00 am

After Breakfast I plan on doing Mattole rd and the Lost Coast Hwy.

Others may skip this part of the ride and head for home.

After Lost Coast Hwy I plan on heading south along 101 and Ave of Giants to Legget then SW to the coast and down to Fort Bragg

Looks like I will meet you folks in Yreka Friday eve. I got a room at the Comfort Inn for Friday but things in Fortuna are pretty slim. Found a room at the Super 8 next to the pub. I will do the breakfast at the cookhouse and head north from there. Weather is looking OK for the weekend. :)

Pretty busy here so doesn't look like I'll make it up

...I'm a week behind you guys as I'm taking nearly a week to do norCA and Orygun the following week. So, ....warm up those goat-trails for me.

Have fun, take some silly ass pics (yes pics of silly asses) ride fast, don't crash, drink beer and most of all be nice to Cyndi ...she's my favoriterestiest.

....john (in reno)

I will look for you guys at the Comfort Inn or the Black Bear around 8:30 on Saturday morning. I have a room at the Super 8 in Fortuna, Comfort only had suites left. After the Samoa Cookhouse on Sunday I will head north. Another FJR rider is coming along on Sat. but only til about 1:00 then heading back.

It has started to get cold as soon as the sun goes down here. It has been low as 30F this last week so keep eyes open for ice early morning.

The trees north of Redding have started to lose needles and junk . Could be a few areas on Hw3 to watchout for.

There are many areas on Hwy 3 where one should "watch out". I plan to be in "touring mode".....

And I "Winter-ized" the FJR this week: installed the hand guards and foot guards. I figured it might just be a bit cold in the morning.

I'll find you either in Fortuna or at the Samoa Cookhouse. I'm revizing my nocturnal run up there to go hwy 20 via Clear Lake. It's only a five hour jaunt and it is safer in the dark. Don't give any thought to looking for me.....I'll find you guys. Have fun on those great roads. I expect grinning faces from your enjoying all the twisties.

Gawd... this ride looks too good to be true - in that it's exactly what i have been looking for - a chance to hook up with other like minded units - but i'd have to skimp on a previous commit to go from Sac to Monterey with CCMC.

Darn.

Dave Mig.

Gawd... this ride looks too good to be true - in that it's exactly what i have been looking for - a chance to hook up with other like minded units - but i'd have to skimp on a previous commit to go from Sac to Monterey with CCMC.
Darn.

Dave Mig.

Priorities, man....[SIZE=12pt]PRIORITIES![/SIZE] :rolleyes:

mhc, are you going to come out and play? At least for 1 day of our adventure? :yahoo:

Er...uhm...we'll be the group of FJRs. ;)

OK now -- air pressure checked, enough gas in tank to get to Marysville Chevron, broken vista cruise replaced, bike clean, work $H!T behind me until it gets stupid on Monday and throughout next week.** Hmmmmmm -- a couple phone calls to make and I gotta pack now. Man, I need this ride, and I just can't adequately tell you how much I love 96 and 36. I've only been on 3 between 36 and Hayfork, so I'm REALLY looking forward to riding 3 in the Trinity Alps part of tomorrow's ride!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

And it's really going to suck to have to ride 1 from 101 at Leggett to the coast Sunday morning. B) :D :D

**And just in case madmike's snoring raises the dead throughout the motel, I've just downloaded a board packet on new TRPA ordinances for next week's meeting as snooze inducing reading that should bring the sandman even if it sounds like incoming rockets from the adjacent bed. :p :lol: